Help on setting up my 180 Runner

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by rendersonique, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

AM I????!!!:eek:
    Thats a first;)

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

turbovetto likes this.
  3. rendersonique

rendersonique Member

Just stripped down my carb and I can confirm it's got a 138 main jet and a 48 pilot jet. Now I haven't used my scooter since I had it MOTed about a month ago, but it did run like a dog then. The OKO carb was suggested by Shiny Red but they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth and now I am left with trying to figure out a ball park starting point for my set up. I have the 24mm carb, scorpion exhaust and a foam air filter.

Does anybody think that the jetting in the carb at present is likely to be out by a massive amount. I think (although I can't remember for sure) that the current jetting was suggested by SRT, but they never to answer phone or respond to emails I can't confirm.

PS. The pilot screw was set to one complete turn out. Am I right in thinking that it should be between 1.5 to 3 turns meaning it's probably too small a jet needs to go up? I have at my disposal 40,42,45,48,50,52,55,58,60 & 65.

Lots of questions I know but would like to start getting it sorted now :)

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I would be looking at dropping the main jet somewhat, probably to around the 125 mark to see what happens.
    Stock size is pilot 42, main 107. Up a couple of points for the exhaust, up about 10 points for the foam air filter, that would put it around the 120 mark. Just a general rule that we use, but OKO carbs are a bitch to setup, Turbo will tell you that, but get them right and they are sweet. Jetting is a pain in the proverbial, so you'll need a couple of packs of main jets to play with. Start at your 138 and go down, if its no better then go up again.

turbovetto and rendersonique like this.
  5. rendersonique

rendersonique Member

Helpful as ever. Thanks Steve :D

turbovetto likes this.
  6. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Nothing more to add ! Good job Steve - and bon courage RDS -
    Keep a careful eye on the colour of the plug as you down-jet and don't cane-it !

rendersonique likes this.