Help needed with race 50cc polini

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by naje, Mar 15, 2018.

1. naje

naje New Member

Hello I have an Aprillia sr motard
    It has front malossi variator with 3.5 rollers . Race 50cc polini cylinder .stock carb and yasuni 21 exhaust. I have lowered the rollers but the acceleration is still low what else can I do to the back clutch to help with the acceleration (what color springs should I get?)
    Thanks

2. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    if you get a pack of clutch springs you can use a choice of 3 ranging from +1000 rpm, +2000rpm and +3000rpm. they work if you think your clutch is engaging too early, though sometimes the + 3000 can engage the contraspring in the clutch bell and its like you are trying to pull away in a higher gear. I have a stock variator and fitted the +1000, it just gave me a better stability from a standing start. if you change the contraspring your engine has to rev higher based on the weights in the variator, and affects all through the changes in gearing ratio.

3. Northernerbill

Northernerbill Member

You may know this, if so sorry...but your roller weights are to optimise your engines peak power output to when your variator activates.

So as above if it’s got/had good grunt in every aspect except launch then do look at stiffer clutch springs, so the clutch engages at higher revs giving you a faster launch.

Once you’ve chosen your set, I’d go straight in at the middle trio then go either lighter or stiffer depending on how you conceive it feels. Don’t forget to get a tool to undo your clutch as they are not very easy to strip down without one.