Helmet niggle

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tamiyacowboy, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    so im looking for a dual sport lid. i already own a Caberg Stunt but its a bit to noisey and more a summer lid having a lot of venting so winter time it gets a tad cold. necks nice and warm but the open styled inner and venting means its a noisey hat not to say the least, about 20mph and your ears are some what hammered with pure wind whissle and white noise. there are what looks like three vents on the top of the lid but the central one is blocked off fully and in a while you will know why that is.

i took to the interweb to find a dual sport in about the same price range of the Stunt at £130 , and came across a caberg Xtrace , yep google seach a caberg stunt and a caberg xtrace and you will see why i am so niggled.

anyways i do some research and some downloading and image zooming to find CABERG have done a very dirty move, they had took the Stunt helmet with its two top vents and a blocked of third top vent and added a peak. BUT heres the funny part they renamed it xtrace and stuck another £50 ontop of the original price. both hats are exactly alike, venting - build - colors - visors - internals etc etc the only difference is they added a peak that clips into the third blocked of vent.

now i confronted caberg UK about this asking if i could purchase the said peak on its own. and was told NO its not the same helmet, well it is i went down to a store and held one next to my stunt version and they are exactly alike, yet caberg uk states they are different not the same helemet thats been just rebranded with a new name and given a peak. yet they will NOT sell the peaks as spares. its not like in a years time they will discontinue the stunt and make up a new range of lids either, so why not sell the peaks and make more money from us guys wanting that dual sport look.

Come on caberg up your game and stop rebranding the same lid as a new one when they are exactly the same just one comes with a peak and the other does not. if not sell the peaks as spares, if you clout a branch and it gets bust up your going to want to replace it but you dont sell the peaks alone ( doh as homer simpson would say )

Rant over , time to go find a hat thats not so noisey and aint a rip off from another model in the companys arsenal. so yeah google xtrace and stunt and have a look the same hat costing more for a five quid piece of plastic) and btw the fixing mounts are the exact same used on the visor of the stunt to

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i use an open face all year round on all my bikes.... might explain my loss of hearing

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    I thought about ear plugs but would not be able to hear satnav sally ( yeah even my satnav voice got named lol ) or anything else like police or meatwagons until they was right ontop of me.

worse thing is the wind noise kind of makes me feel sleepy that wooshing sound 24/7, its that loud the fm radio on the coms is set to 85% on volume and i can still hear it ( wind that is) , come to the point i may have to bluetak / duct tape the open vent system.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Open face all the way......might explain the present beard.;).:)