Hello from Ayrshire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by DanielCoffey, Nov 25, 2017.

1. DanielCoffey

DanielCoffey New Member

Rides:
    Scomadi TL125
    Hello folks - just thought I would introduce myself before posting some questions in the General forum afterwards.

My wife and I have just moved to Ayrshire after a good 25 years in Edinburgh and are in a much more rural area. As some of you may know, the roads in Ayrshire and the West Coast of Scotland tend towards the hilly so this has caused me to re-evaluate my transport.

As I am a full-time carer, I don't have a regular income so I had long ago decided not to put up with the expense of running a car. In Edinburgh, public transport and a bicycle was all I needed. Now we are in Ayrshire I am rapidly finding that due to my age I cannot handle the hills on the bicycle (20 mile round trip, hills all the way) so I have had to look at powered transport.

I hold a normal car license but have never sat a CBT so all I have on my license is the usual AM category. I have decided that given the hills, a 125cc would be more appropriate than a 50cc so am taking steps to getting my CBT and A1 license. Necessary clothing shopping is happening as we speak - hooray for Black Friday deals!

In a month or so I will be receiving a new Scomadi TL125 petrol (the current 2V SOHC engine) and this will be my first scooter. It will be able to live under shelter as we are also getting a garage constructed at about that time.

I am certain I will have all the usual "How do I..." questions to do with mechanical issues but I also have some questions more to do with the utility of using a scooter day to day.

I look forward to chatting with you all as I find things I need cleared up.

Daniel.

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Welcome to the Forum :).