Headlight possibilities?!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by TheBombardier, May 27, 2017.

1. TheBombardier

TheBombardier New Member

Ok so i have a Sinnis Matrix 2 125 and i have an idea. Would/could it be possible to wire my dipped beam to my high beam so both stay on when the switch happens? Currently there is 2 different on settings just keeping one or the other but there is a third push button which flashes both on but when let go just keeps my dipped beam. Could i just wire this to the high beam so when i switch to that they both stay on? Would i need any extra relays or take any out? Any help would be much appreciated thanks people.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That would make it an mot failure due to the beam pattern being wrong.
    If you want some extra light at the front, fit some 10w cree led's to the lower fork legs on the mudguard mounts.
    They can easily be connected to the headlights dipped or main beam if you want to use them as high beam lights when you flick the switch.
    A lot of BMW GS's have the extra lights fitted. I had them on my TDM and will have them on the Tenere shortly.
    They draw very very little power, but give out loads of extra light, and can be had in both spot or flood beam type.
    The spot beam gives a 30 degree angle of light and the flood beam gives 60 degrees.

3. TheBombardier

TheBombardier New Member

Thanks and shame as all im trying to do is keep dipped and main on simultaniously and yet that breaks the law?! Never mind ill look into your idea and see what i can find.