handle bar conversion

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by dehmel, Mar 21, 2009.

1. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    hey sorry to write again but do you no if an aerox bar conversion stem and handle bars would fit my bike cheers chris :bike: :bike:

2. bait

bait Active Member

if it doesnt they easy enough to make fit i had to for my sr

3. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    are they easy to put on lol wb cheers chris

4. bait

bait Active Member

yea peice of piss hardest part is wiring up kosos and switch gear its literaly a matter of taking old handle bars off which for me was 2 bolts 1 through the stem and one clamping the bars tight
    then putting the bar clamp on i found that sr stem is really skinny so i cut the bottom off my old handlebars and forced my bar clamp off a push bike to fit then when it came to putting the bars in the bar clamp i found out pushbike handlebars are fatter then renthal bars so i cut up some jubilee clips to fatten out the bar then just made sure everything was tightly done up
    it really is simple mate goodluck :tup:

5. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    ok mate need to buy one now lol

whilst i am here do u no if i could puit an aerox engine on my bike because my engine is doin my head it lol plus it is tired lol if u no what i mean ol

wb if u can help cheers chris :bike:

6. bait

bait Active Member

its possible but will be alot of work and if the engines aren't the same will require alot of skill
    i know what you mean when you say tired but why not just rebuild the engine you have. i admit its a steep learning curve but its what i did on my sr and when its finaly done you will have something that you can be proud of 1 and second you will pick up loads of skills while doing it and while its not stressful its really fun but anyway if both engines are minarelli then i suppose it shouldnt be too hard to swap but imo way more effort then its worth

7. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    there isd only one prob lol my bike is chinease i cant find no parts lol

so if i put an aerox engine in i no i will be able to fiund the partsif u no what i mean wb

cheers chris

8. bait

bait Active Member

yea i get you...best thing to do is to avoid chineese bikes...if they come near you poke them with a stick or throw dog shit at them

yes you will be able to get a mina engine in it but sorry to say i dont have a clue how hard it will be as i dont have a clue what engine is in your bike take some pics of the engine as bare as possible so take of some pannels or whatever so can get a good look at it and im sure some one will be able to give you a better idea of what will be involved

anyways bruv im off out 2 celebrate irelands win today so goodluck whatever you decide :tup:

9. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    ok m8 cheers for the help i appreciate it lol

and what is a mina engine lol

thank agfain bye

but if u have any other advise i would be so gratefull

10. bait

bait Active Member

mina=minareli engine which is whats in the aerox

11. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    ok mate cheers for the help

12. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    do i have to haver a sertan size stem or havdle brs or does it matter

13. bait

bait Active Member

you wana be getting a bar clamp that will fit striaght to your stem with no modification if they dont do a bar clamp for your bike work out the diam of your stem look for next best things and use shims or improvise
    i got a pushbike barclamp with shims round the stem and customised jubilee clips to fatten the bar

14. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    how much will tht cost

15. bait

bait Active Member

renthaling my sr cost me a tonne
    bars wer about 30-35
    clamp about 20 (nicked mine off my bike)
    grips about 5
    good clocks about 70-100
    switch gear about 30
    plus a shit load of tedious wireing

16. dehmel

dehmel Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    where did u getall that stuff for you bar conversion lol

was it donotlink ped top

or pm tuning

17. bait

bait Active Member

erm i hunted around for good prices and shops in england tbh but they sell the stuff in more or less evry ped tuning shop so shouldnt be hard to find just never get stuff off bsh tuning i waided from early november till late january for my bars