Got Spark, wet plug and compression but still wont run.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by donlon, Jan 24, 2012.

1. donlon

donlon New Member

It's a polini kit, how can I tell if it is a corsa or sport kit? Does anyone know where I can buy a thermostat housing, mines busted

2. Sam Atkinson

Sam Atkinson MONSTER NRG POWER

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    I have the 06 model and i have the pretty much same problem as you mine will start after loads off kicks and when it does start is revs up really high then goes down again , wait about 1 to 2 mins and the bike starts to cut out i try and put more throttle on to keep it running but it still cuts out , then the same happens over and over again each time. ANY IDEAS ?????

3. donlon

donlon New Member

Sam I would look at the carb and reeds first, think you have spark and compression cos it runs, if it goes mental then dies it's normally a blocked main jet or damaged reed petal from what I've seen in posts on here.

Mines running now!

Thanks to everyone who posted, feel like I learned loads. Still got a couple of things to do for mot. Brake lights not working... Dodgy switches? Also my speedo doesn't work so I'm going to have the front wheel off and see if I can clean the pickup tomorrow, anyone got any advice on that?

4. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    yes it does go mental then die haha and i have had my barrel off today with a friend and it all looks ok , so i will try my carb 1st a clean then if not a change of jets and a set up , but thanks donlon :)

5. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    or and my speedo has stopped working too

6. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    ur cable probs snapped in cold weather ..mine did it when temp droped the other day

7. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    No my cable is fine its the teeth in side that are not spining on the wheel because it has some muck in it

8. donlon

donlon New Member

I haven't looked at my speedo issue yet, I thought they were electronic, no cable just a wire leading down to a pick up on the front axle? Will look tomorrow.

Bad news with my engine... Heard a rattle so took the head off again and there must have been a bit of the old ring stuck somewhere in the crankcase! It has done a bit of damage to the head and the top of the piston, not too bad, just a few pits/dents, so I am going to clean it out again and clean up the damaged parts put back together and hope for the best. Not ideal but can't really put more money into this as was supposed to be a cheap runabout. I will take pictures of the damage and if it runs I will post them on here so we can all gauge just how much of a battering they can take, it was still running when I heard the rattle and there are no scores to the barrel so I reckon it will be ok(ish)

Probably will explode but we'll see :)