Gilera Stalker (Gillian Anderson)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by SandStorm, Jun 5, 2016.

1. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

I like to nickname my vehicles, and she's Gillian Anderson. :v (that hot redhead from xfiles)

currently looks like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I'm about to do:

-> removing CVT cover to give it a lick of paint. Unsure if I paint it dark, or if I paint it aluminium color.
    -> Thinking to smoke a tiny bit the little light from the handlebar
    ->thinking about giving a red smoke on rear side blinkers. Or replace them with clear lenses. (which one should be best option...)
    -> Thinking to give a strong red paint coat in the front panel, to be as vivid red as the remaining of other panels.

I've replaced some fuel hoses, plugged in a new start button, new battery and rebuilt starter motor.
    She still needs some work...

2. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

Smoked the handlebar light and sealed it.
    I think I smoked too much...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

Took out the front panel and painted it

Badly painted, but whatever xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

Also painted struts mud guards same color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And all fitted.
    Had to zip tie fix one indicator because the screw hole broke and I lost the screw.

[​IMG]

Terrible job, loads of imperfections, but at least better than before

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

[​IMG]

This was all the old oil i finished to bleed. :V

I had bought a new (used) master cylinder, which I fitted. Mine had lots of leaks and was always sticking.
    After fitting the new one, sometimes it would stick, but today I had the opportunity to bleed the line. Did it until coming out light fluid.
    Rode a while, did several brake tests. It seems it wanted to stick again, but then after several pumps seems fine.
    I gonna see how it goes in the upcoming days.

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

6. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    May want to strip your calliper and take a look at the pistons and seals if its sticking.

7. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

I think the hose may be bad. Today wanted to do the same and then got ok after being used.

8. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

I've ordered new hose, callipers and brake pads.
    Hose and callipers arrived, Kevlar pads from ebc are yet to arrive

9. GeorGE Black Rider

GeorGE Black Rider Member

- I don't want to sound patronizing,but that is some AWFULL painting.You need to prepare it very very well,than degrease it and spray it very carefully.Obviously,you won't have a clean,air controlled room like factory,but move them inside,mask the walls with plastic sheets and find a compressor.If you don't know how to spray,ask some friends if they know.
    And i don't think they're any better now,au contraire.Quality also consider the quality of the finish,not only the intensity of the paint.
    In my opinion,is way to dark red and simply awfull finish.
    This is the bright red and lovely finish you should look for.

Better yet,spray them and lacquer it with gel made for FIBER GLASS.
    It's waaaaaay more thick and resistant than normal,metal paint.It's like spraying or powder coating,that much of a difference.

- As for the light,they're useless anyway,why smoke them ? Instead of trying to make them better,as you need a light that turns with your bar,you smoke them ?
    Bad,bad choice.

- Don't smoke anything.Just replace them with clear ones and use colored bulbs.You can also do that with the stop/brake light and replace the bulb with red one (wih 2 filaments,at least,that's the way at Typhoons) and leave the red colored lense (if it's not too washed up or craked).
    Even better,if you want and don't mind spending a bit,you can look for the equivalent led stop light with transparent (not translucent,like origianal) cover.They are very bright,as you can see .

- The cover,i would say to paint it in the body color,white or chrome.

Hope I was usefull :D ;)
    B-Bye :p

10. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The paint job on my Speedtrek was done with rattle cans and looks amazing. Any paint job is 90% preparation and you need to rub down between coats to take out imperfections. Tack cloths are also essential to remove any dirt and dust. The final result will reflect the work you put into it.

11. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

2 pounds Chinese cans can't compare to the job I did on my ford valve rocker cover with professional high temperature 20 pounds paint ;)
    It's better than before, so that's what matters to me.
    This until I use red candy plastidip paint xD

12. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

[​IMG]

Fitted these with new callipers, new hose, total disassembly and cleaning of master cylinder (had debris from the old rotten hose).
    Also, this time used ferodo dot4 brake fluid, instead of cheap ones.
    Also adjusted the brake sensor.

13. GeorGE Black Rider

Sandstorm,as we talk about brake fluid,what is the best way to clean this nightmare ? It spiled on my knee mask and it just won't go away no matter what .
    It destroyed my whole color and IT NEVER DRIES.

14. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

Soft rag with soapy water as fast as you can. But once it corroded the plastic... your change will be to paint it after dry

15. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

Also, check if you don't have leaks? My previous MC was leaky

16. GeorGE Black Rider

I didn't cleaned it then,because i couldn't.It might have spilled later too.
    I don't think it coroded the plastic (i don't even think it is that strong) but left a trail (where it dizolved the paint) that just doesn't want to dry.I cleaned it,dried it,degresed it,prime it,sand it and paint it and ... after it looked good on the spot,then all piled away on that zone.
    Here's an old picture (left side of the keen panel) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...72638868.30451.100001367394298&type=3&theater .

So warm soapy water would clean it now too,or that panel is compromised ?

17. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

Yeah that shall do it.
    Hint: you can spray brake cleaner too, but shall not be necessary. And no, the panel is not compromised:)

18. GeorGE Black Rider

Lol.I didn't even know there is such thing as "brake cleaner".It's used for cleaning disk brakes,i guess ?
    Also,you're previous "MC" ? What's that ?

19. SandStorm

SandStorm Member

Yes, and MC is my short for master cylinder.

20. GeorGE Black Rider

Got it,thanks.

SandStorm likes this.