gilera runner sp50 not pulling off

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by chonk1966, Jan 21, 2014.

1. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    On this (typhoon cylinder) you can see the dremel work on the port windows. Just done - it's shiny.
    http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss162/bloodyhell451/DSCF6172.jpg
    Again- if you compare the exhaust port with the MBK standard issue- you begin to understand why the Old T Typhoons are so fast stock. Put a yasuni pipe on there and adios muchachos.
    On the top perf 50 above it's dull because it was done yonks ago.
    Got your kit yet gaz!?!

2. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Yes I got it today if the weather picks up i'm on it tomorrow. Loaning a dremel too. what type of tooling will I need for the dremel? Mate

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    You need either the carbide grinding tools, the solid grey ones that look like they are made of grit and trhe ones he uses in the photographs. You could try the sandpaper tubes that slip over the rubber tool, but I don't think the sandpaper will be tough enough to cut through the Nikasil coating.

4. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Great thanks I will get some tomorrow

5. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Thanks Turbo I will have a go at the cylinder tomorrow that was great advise

6. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Don't need to hone - and you just need one small one like the photo. Good luck and steady hands !

7. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Out with the lads tonight so steady hands could be an issue tomorrow:D Cheers Gaz, Oh! ye I have been offered a 07 gilera runner 50 for 200 notes what do you reckon?

8. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Don't know if you don't take a look at it !

9. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    My lad says that the water pump is fooked he has been to see it and says its in pretty good nick all the panels are good it starts on the kick. The starter motor is dead as the water from the fooked water pump has killed it. Its a friend of my lads bike, It,s been garaged for a year or so.

10. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    At that price I'd have a go at fixing it.

11. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    ye I think I might mate off out now I will let you know how we get on tomorrow. Shaky hands and all :confused:

12. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Found the video I was after!
    Vespa cylinders are pretty big so he uses a monster to chamfer the ports. A Dremel with a snake is perfect for our little bores.

13. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Hi all no news. My wife has taken ill so project on hold. I will keep you informed of any progress when I can Guys

14. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    Hi Chonk,
    Just thought i'd thrown in my thoughts.
    I think you have a clutch problem, I had a peugeot speedfight 3 a few months ago, belt snapped, replaced it, put the thing back together and it was doin what urs is doing now which is revving high as fuck but going nowhere (hardly). anyway had a mechanic look at it and turned out the clutch was completely fucked, replaced the clutch it was sweet again

15. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Sorry to hear that - hope it's nothing serious.

16. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Thanks Turbo I managed to get the new piston and rings fitted today with no change. So we changed the weber carb for a dellorto we managed to get it going better but still not giving enough power. On the carb should there be fine spray coming out of the airfilter side of the carb. We took the airfilter off and noticed this should this happen. I am going to take the cylinder off tomorrow and have it measured at work to see if it is oversized.

17. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Hi thanks for input but we put a clutch off a running bike and it still wouldn't run properly. We now think the cylinder might be oversized for the new piston and rings. It was very easy to put on and the compression is still only 90psi

18. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    For ignoramuses like me, what's it supposed to be ? Did you do the test with an oiled up barrel ? If it's practically dry then you don't get a good seal - that I do know !

19. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Fits the symptoms - doesn't it.

20. chonk1966

chonk1966 Member

Rides:
    gilera runner sp50
    Hi sorry it's been a while since my last post. The bike was on hold, we have been to the bike today for the first time in while. We have taken on board all the advise and we have now got a running bike. New NGF 70 kit fitted changed the rollers and belt new clutch springs 1500rpm new contra spring upjetted the carb. We had a rip on the bike today and it goes like a little rocket;). I would like to thank everyone who advised us on this little project I/we have learnt so much from you guys. We now have to tart it up a bit when done I will post some pics guys.

Merlin and turbovetto like this.