Gilera runner 50 strange speed issues

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by MrSkeedle, Nov 25, 2017.

1. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

ok, so i just dont have a fuel tap then? haahaha

2. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

so where does the top port of that tap go?

3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

6F4F8E36-1FB3-4A6E-B6E0-C3A7244717E3.jpeg Red is in the tank green is fuel line, blue is vac

4. Sam phantom

follow the fuel line up and your reach the tap?!

5. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

Ok. I'l have a look now thanks

6. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

Can't seem to find anything :(

7. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

8. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

The fuel line just disappears into a mysterious cable sleeve with a few other cables.

9. Sam phantom

Really !! God knows then lol

10. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

im just confused why it would not be connected, but once ive got some times, i guess tomorrow evening i can dig a bit deeper into finding it. but what does this thing actually do. does it create a vacuum to actually DRAG the fuel in?

11. Sam phantom

12. Sam phantom

As I said earlier lol

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

It actually makes vac which operates a diaphragm, which allows the fuel to flow.
    Think of it as a vacuum switch, the vacuum is like your finger, each time it gets pressed, it opens.
    Sort of

14. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

so its not really as sam said then? im a little confused. thats what i gathered, its a switch, a fuel tap turns the fuel on and off so if i dont have that line hooked up, all it will do is make the fuel be turned on all the time and who really cares about that, the scooter isnt getting flooded so whatever. But i was asking if it was a vacuum that drags the fuel into the carb, if this is the case then its a pretty big deal as this could mean that not enough fuel is getting into the engine???
    but without some serious modifications surely my bike should not be running at all?

15. Sam phantom

read My post on page one I’ve said exactly what the fuel tap does and Scuber has explained it again just in a difrent way lol

16. Sam phantom

Here it is again copy and pasted from page one

It’s not a pain it’s near the shock if I remember rightly...there’s two lines one is fuel the other is the vac line (the one with a bung in it in your situation), when you go to start the bike a vacuum is created on the vac line and that vacuum is what opens the fuel tap that’s why I said yours must be broken and free flowing or it’s been modified because it needs the vac to open the tap to let the fuel flow.........

17. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

im not trying to start an argument genuinely, sorry. I just asked if it DRAGGED the fuel through and you said yes, so now i understand its more of a on off than a functioning thing. thanks
    so surely this is not the problem then? i mean its getting fuel. is there a possibility it could only be letting through a bit of fuel?

18. Sam phantom

No worries I’ll let scuber explain it to you he may have more luck than me lol

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

They are normally all or nothing.

20. MrSkeedle

MrSkeedle Member

well, looks like that shouldnt be a problem then, is there any reason that havent the line blocked could affect the engine though?