Gilera runner 180fxr/172malossi

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Memz, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Memz

Memz New Member

I have a gilera runner 180 fxr. Just slapped on a 172 malossi bore on it and it was all fine. Took it out for a ride and 2 mins later it cuts out. Ive checked the rectifier its burned out but the bike starts when on the stand but the moment i put the bike down from the center stand it cuts out. I just looked at everything and its just doing my nut in. Im lost where to look anymore.can anyone help.

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Poor earth lead, Ht lead, block connector out the stator ? It sounds electrical to me !

3. Memz

Memz New Member

Ive checked the leads and wiring but its nothing to do with it. There has to be something else. Thabk you for you feedback

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Is the stand/engine mount cutting into any wiring when you pop it off the stand?
    Have you checked the wiring behind the flywheel? I have known it to cut through the pickup wire there if it's not clamped properly.

5. Memz

Memz New Member

There is no center stand on it. I use bricks as a stand. I cant see any problem with the wiring at all, everything seems to be fine. The only problem i do have were the spark plug lead the rubber bit that goes on the spark plug, were it was torn i took it off so it sits on the spark plug bare. Other than that the bike starts in the air and even doe i do have a burnt rectifier all my lighting still works, tge the moment it goes on the ground it cuts out.