Gilera 26bhp , was ZEST gilly, 2 stroke oil help

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by LIVELY16, Jan 10, 2008.

1. james

james Member

At the end of the day the bike was a fresh good solid runner and anything after its left zest hands is another matter.
    The new owner can only realy speak for it from now on realy as its in his hands and as for both sides i dont realy think there are any sides at all the scooter is what it is until its left the last owners hands which was solid...nothing else realy to say well not from anyone who has seen or known anything about the bike/engine while me zest or my cousin has owned it!!

If people are dead set in thinking other things about a scooter they no nothing about thats up to them but everyone who has owned the bike/engine has been happy and as long as the new owner is happy everything should be all good but people need to stop bitching or making stupid comments/remarks about some thing they no nothing about...proper kids stuff...

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    said most of that james... totallyt agree it was and still should be a spankin bike as it says in my previouse posts.. i havent seen it in 6 months tho and know the engine overheated a couple times.. thas it so just advising he chwecks it out.. all good too ya tho as you own it and your happy with it so who cares?!?!

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    how is the cousins drag anyway james?

4. james

james Member

Yean not to bad mate as it goes everything seems to be going well with it he aint used it that much over the winter months (dont blame him) took it isle of wight last year it got loads of looks but engine wise yeah mate its spot on runs very nice and goes pretty well he got it dyno'd down his way in november and it hit 22.9bhp so thats good and still runing on standard gearing so low and mid range its like a rocket but tops out at 84mph on the dyno with no weight or wind behind it so i'd say about a true 70-75max which may not sound fast but as you no minor i doubt there are any real; scooters on the road that can realy get a true 85mph+ no matter what all these kids think... ;) unless they are pushing 30hp+.

5. gazell

gazell Active Member

very true..i get fed up of hearing kids go on how there 172 does 95mph lol

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    good to hear m8.. like when people are happy about paying me :D

you commin pod this year then?

7. james

james Member

Maybe yeah see how things go might even give the dragster a blast down the track if its ready but doubt there will be any 13sec runs this time round more like 15/16secs on this one but its all fun so who cares :D

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    bruv, im probably takin a ported 125 LOL

9. LIVELY16

LIVELY16 New Member

yeh may bring the runner , see what its sayin , . should be good fun , need to put a size heavier rollers in it first , bit to reavy on pull off.

10. midge

midge Member

what spec do you need to hit 13's? thats a very quick time! im hoping to hit 13's in my car this year

11. james

james Member

13's on a scooter at pod your looking 32bhp+ engines as its the slowest and up hill and bloody sticky which can slow you down a lot people have had times of upto over half second better at most other tracks as standard every time.

A normal 172 scooter with the usual 25ml carb a pipe etc etc at pod your looking at around 16/17 secs.

12. midge

midge Member

and an empty wallet? how much does it cost to get to that level? reliabilty goes right out the window as well?

13. munk

munk New Member

does anybody know zest on here and is he sellin that typhoon and has he got any new projects?

14. james

james Member

That typh got sold ages ago....

15. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

And he hasn't really ever had any "projects" they have just been bought from other people...

16. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    its a shame people can buy 30+bhp tuned engines/bikes, then smoke out all the people who have put alot of work and time into their bikes

then make us look like twats....

they should make a law on it :nerd:

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its a choice between working hard and paying for somthing..

18. am4n_am4n

am4n_am4n New Member

wouldnt you feel more proud if you made your bike what it is...than just buying it?

saves money aswell :w00t:

19. ZESTO

ZESTO New Member

1. u DO NOT know me or have NEVER met me so how u can make this comment i do not know !

2. i have had many projects Icluding a NRG 70 , 2 x Typhoon 172s and 3 x Gilera runner 172s and that is not including the 2 30bhp + bikes i bought off james , plus my new project i have now :bird:

3 as for some of you sayin the bike was not worth 1500 pounds LOOOOOOOOOOOOL please show me a 52 reg Gilera Runner wiv a fresh newly built engine 26bhp engine (the one which terro himself wanted to buy) with less than 500 miles and the pannels MINT not one scratch on them, wiv rs24 shock electric water pump ect ect u will not find one cheaper

just goes to show how many of you on here aint got a clue ,

anyway i am out and back to the forums where people actually know what there talking about and dont think they are better than anyone else , even fastlane knows more than 99% of u lot on here about bikes and look at the way he acts !

20. ZESTO

ZESTO New Member

says the person that wanted to buy the dragster :confused:arc: