Gilera 172 boggy issue poor acceleration major slow top end

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Typhoonz83, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Typhoonz83

Typhoonz83 New Member

advice on airscrew setting pilot size and what best stock contra or malossi white cheers

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Set the airscrew until it idles nice with a crisp pickup and std transmission always worked for me.

3. Typhoonz83

Typhoonz83 New Member

Tried 12.5g and 13.5g with stock variator and stock clutch with stock clutch springs and stock contra still no good surely i shouldnt need lighter rollers

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    What's the set up ?

5. Typhoonz83

Typhoonz83 New Member

Standard malossi 172 kit with pm proxy piston top racing 52mm full circle crank malossi variator polini kevlar belt malossi delta clutch white contra spring white clutch springs adjuster plate right to end malossi secondary gearup kit pm59 pipe malossi reedblock and petals stage6 24mm inlet manifold malossi cdi unit 25mm dellorto carb 105 main jet 52 pilot needle 2nd clip d22 needle open small mess filter as pm donkey foam one ripped mechanic trying to tell me 79mph is bout right i said cant be stock does bout 70 something dont it i do have polini springs aswel green yellow blue a stock clutch and stock contra also stock variator as a option at a lost mechanic want to charge me again to sort it as was built with 10g i fort they was to light pull off was okish but topped out at 79mph??

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    You should of had my airbox and big bag of rollers off me !!!!!! The gear kit is only about 5-7% ish increase over stock. On my old runner engined typhoon 183cc I had similar set up, all std 180cc variator, (different to 125cc) 12.5 rollers, Malossi belt, gear kit, blue springs, 25mm, modified reed block, pm59, cdi. At Santa pod 1/4 mile I had a top speed of 76mph head down flat out! Try a std belt if you have one? As I've said to you before, the airscrew only effects low 1/4 -1/2 throttle. You need to keep playing with it. Steve.

7. Typhoonz83

Typhoonz83 New Member

When u ready but why is my typhoon quicker that does 83mph true speeds on rolling road not a dyno always fort liquid cooled where faster but if you saying 75 to 79mph is correct i accept it i have polini springs green soft yellow medium blue hard which should i put in stock clutch steve and which contra malossi white or the stock one

8. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Pass, it should go like a scolded cat with all the bits on and it should be better than A/C engine.

9. Typhoonz83

Typhoonz83 New Member

See how i go will tinker with runner marsh over weekend typhoon like a greyhound out the gate 108 jet to accomidate the higher revving pd pipe evo lowered rollers to 11.5g and must say wow bang on now so will try same with runner with the pm59 11.5g as tried all other sizes with no joy fingers crossed and marsh uno where i live money waiting on airbox

10. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    No worries. cheers.