Fuel problem? Important! Need response quick

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by brad6999, Jun 30, 2019.

1. brad6999

brad6999 :)

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R 2014
    Hello, today i was out did around 25miles at once on my SR50R and then got to the pub and let it rest for a while once i started it up it was fine and i attempted to get home a quarter of the way home the bike was like spluttering and lost most of its power so i pulled over to give it a rest and then it would not start up, once i managed to get it running once i pulled back the throttle it just cut out.

So i got my Dad to run back home to collect the correct tools to check the plug and a used plug which was still working tho. So i pulled the plug out and it was all black so i checked for a spark too and there was no spark from either plugs.

So currently my moped is in a random persons drive as i got permission of them until tomorrow where i must try to fix it by hopefully just a new plug.

Im thinking it could be the following things:
    The Carb being too rich? Having too high of main or idle jet? the Spark plug (Currently using BR9ES ngk plug)
    The Coil going on its way out?
    Or even the stator?

Any help is really needed and appreciated!

Cheers Brad!

Any questions just ask!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  2. brad6999

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R 2014
    Thanks for the help everyone...

Solved the problem tho, i checked the plug the coil and the stator and they all seemed fine so i went out and ordered a new coil to try that and got a tad inpatient so i decided to buy once from the shop also to get it up and running so i would have a spare once, once i fitted it was still not working so i was thinking it may of been the stator but then the new coil arrived to my house so i fitted it and the problem was solved so i was sold a broken coil from a shop... oh well at least its working now.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hmmm...
    Sure it wasn't like a side stand switch or something?

4. brad6999

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50R 2014
    Only got a centre stand :p but it was the coil anyways.

Got really worried as it was left in a random persons drive 35miles away from where i live and i have no recovery on my ped lol, time to take out some.