Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsThe Workshop

Front tire still losing pressure

Discussion in The Workshop started by PedHead, 21 Sep 2012
PedHead#1
I've had my front tire resealed at a garage and they said that should fix it but it's still losing 10-15 psi a day, what else could be causing this? I can still use my moped but it's annoying having to pump up the tire every morning.
Todi-Corsa#2
Slow puncture
Multiple puncture spots on the tire
split/leaking valve
Tire not correctly seated onto bead

Take your pick mate, get it back to the garage get it checked in a water bath for leaks, no leaks, then get them to reseat the tire onto the rim...... failing that replace the tire :)
Stig#3
take it back. They've obviously not done what you've paid for.

Before you make yourself look a twat, drop some soapy water around the valve and the edges of the rim. It'll bubble up from where its leaking. Mark the spot if its the rim with a wax crayon and take it back.

They can clean the inside of the rim with a wire brush and/or scraper, give it a quick brush with sealant and reassemble. i had a similar problem with a car tyre but the sealer sorted it. Its lost 2psi in 6 months since.

If the tyres going down due to excessive rust at the edges of the rim, get them to fit a toob or look for a good second hand wheel
PedHead#4
I did the CBT the other day and the instructor said something about if I have been riding on a flat tire the bead would be damaged, would I need a new wheel?
PedHead#5
I have had a new tire fitted so that's not the problem
Todi-Corsa#6
I have had a new tire fitted so that's not the problem
New tires can still have punctures from storage etc.. rare but does happen

More threads in The Workshop

gilera 125 sp oil pump4 replies24 Sep 2012
Mtkt Speedfight Headlight surround problem9 replies23 Sep 2012
Honda sky SGX 50 - mechanic needed1 replies23 Sep 2012
few questions about my zip2 replies23 Sep 2012
gilera dna overheating4 replies21 Sep 2012
R reg 1997 typhoon 125 crankshaft help?2 replies21 Sep 2012
jog r speedo0 replies21 Sep 2012
Lets get pistachios NRG going :)8 replies20 Sep 2012
Where to buy petrol & coolant pipes/hose ???8 replies20 Sep 2012
Aerox clutch nut problem6 replies18 Sep 2012