first attempt at crank.

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by kyle1b1, May 26, 2008.

1. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

lol,

will probs need to take rest of them the week after when it fucks up :rofl:

is it was to go wrong. would i be able to tell straight away or could it just give up at any time ?

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    just make sure it goes together smooth and theres endfloat/its centred.. should feel its all together nice

3. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

ok cheers.

4. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

does it not matter as much on a little 2 the amount of end float ?

i doubt i will be able to measure it :rofl: but if i do manage to any partially masurement ?

cheers minor :pimp:

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    should messure really. but can feel if theres enough there. crank should feel loose for a mm or two in and out. and spin resistance free

6. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

cheers minor top man :beer:

wish me luck :cool:

7. Martin

Martin New Member

mine felt loose side to side for a traction, but it stops moving after you out seals in so dont worry if theres no play after you put seals in.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    still a little tight but as its spinning free the heat will settle the bearings... can keep warming it with the heatgun built and re tapping ether side.

i usually fit the seals first. means you gotta be soft with the heat an get it right but also means theres no messuring or anything else to fuck about with. altho the 125's jus sit flush the 50 engines require a set depth and the least messuring you need to do when building the quicker it can be done.

9. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

all is taken in :cool:

10. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

theres not much to building them i dont think just dont be silly if something doesnt line up fit in properly

when we rebuild 2 stroke in work, lik the other day we did a teezer 125 yammy yvps lump and my boss had me in awe

he doesnt fuck around with freezers or anything he just heats the cases up both to approx 100 degrees celcius, i watched him do it he uses a burning type space heater

(the type you get in old gyms and stuff)

spits on the cases quick to make sure they r piping hot picks them up on the bench unpacks the bearings first then they drop in like minor says "a cok up a wet minge" simple as
    re heats the cases up facing the heater the barrel side of the cases

( i think he put the oil seals in...? when he dropped the m/bearings in tho aswell? i forgot)

put the gearbox assembly together selector forks and room tempreture crank

and bobs your uncle some yamahasealant around the faces of the cases

6 mil allen bolts in around the two cases and after words

he puts the fly weel nut on and lightly taps the end to loosed the crank free a bit of the main bearings

also you might want to think about kyle is lube

when he heated the cases up the first time he popped some lithium grease into the circle grooves for the main bearings to slide in.

but yeah a scooter seems dead easy as youve only got a crank to worry about mate, you should be fine, its all aswell talking about it though myself as ive never fitted a scooter crank alone by myself in my house so...

just remember to make sure the cases are boiling hot and make sure a hammer is never seen

11. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

cheers :cool:

think i got most of it sussed in ym head.

just putting it all together in practical

12. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

forgot to mention the cases look sick too reminds me of the lump up in the ss banner ^^ hope the hammerite stays on ok, ive found that, good quality paint can resist a bit of heat even though they are not temp rated

youve probably heard of the german company Wurth. really expensive tools and products and my boss sprays exhausts with their standard gloss black paint (non vht), it gives hell of a nice shine and finish and stays on exhausts for some reason so.. hopefully youse should do the same..

when you finished youll have to tell us what the compression is

should be interesting to know with new rings and a full circle crank

thats the best part for me when youve built an engine is building it so nice and strong the kick start breaks your ankle LOL :D

13. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

yeah hammerite is pretty strong paint. alot use it on calipers and stays on ok.

am going to give it a few more coats and then plenty of laquer. so hopefully be ok.

i would but i dont own a comp tester :emb:

yeah should be pretty good really.

it was good before tbh. kicked back at me a few times which hurt :rofl:

and now with MRT outer pulley :w00t: i only have kickstart. so best get used to it :rofl:

14. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

bars finally came :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    right, for one if your describing somone elses methods just stop and click out the post

lithium grease inside a 2t engine on assembnely? WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT

16. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

i dont understand what your point is by where i am describing my boss build an engine?

and what do you mean by using lithium grease, "what a fucking idiot?" how does this make him a fucking idiot?

17. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

well, by the way minor said it im guessing its a seriously bad thing to do lol, im not sure why although i can guess..... either way iv got my popcorn out :rofl:

18. aprilia172

aprilia172 New Member

grease attracts grime and all the bits of shit floating round inside your motor and makes your bearing last 2 mins.

personaly when i do a lammy i use a new oil can filled with 2t oil on the bearings to help a little at start up and thats it

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    grease, where 2t oil lubricates? think abouyt it.. should be ONLY 2t once built

20. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    on the other hand there should be no shit in there and once the motor fires up the fuel/oil mix will get rid of any grease within a couple of minutes, a lot of mains you buy are pre-greased.