Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

First 50CC Scooter (I'm 15)

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by nickstone15, 26 Oct 2009
nickstone15#1
Hey there, first time poster. Basicly I'm 15 and 16 in 2 months. I'm looking to get a scooter and no i'm not a ned or chav and I am Scottish Anyway I've got £1300 MAX! preferably under £1000, It's mainly for getting me to the local athletics track 4 times a week for training and visiting my girlfriend 20 miles away.
My local dealers specialise in SYM, Keeyway and KYMCO.

I've seen the KYMCO Agility which is my fav.
SYM Symply which is quite nice too and the Keeyway Fact.

I'm looking really for reliable, and fun and a 4 Stroke.

Any information or advise would be much appreciated and Well many thanks guys!!!
Sean#2
you wont do many 20 mile journeys on a kymco or sym :mrgreen:

haha, nah, they can be alright but i personally would look for a well treated low owner bike, for a first bike if its just for commuting, id get some kind of piaggio engined bike, or dare i say it, a peugeot, they arent tunable but are perfectly reliable as long as you dont mess with them
PrettyDodgyDave#3
how about a 4t zip?
JonCarter#4
I lost intrest after i saw 4Stroke :beee: id say derestricted 2T :) just leave it with the standard running gear
gregzzz#5
Get a nice second hand sr50r for 800 then u can get cbt, insurance, tax ect ;)

Fuck spending 1300 on a bike that does 30mph.

You could spend 400 an get somthing that does 55 ;)

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

know any info on my new wheels?5 replies2 Nov 2009
drive belt shredded, 3 mile walk17 replies31 Oct 2009
nsr 125 cat c4 replies30 Oct 2009
Scooter batteries brand new link4 replies28 Oct 2009
ludix blaster1 replies27 Oct 2009
stage6 piston rings4 replies26 Oct 2009
Is this 70cc kit worth getting?2 replies24 Oct 2009
K&N look alike filters & the rain dont work well at all!4 replies24 Oct 2009
malossi forks for gilera13 replies22 Oct 2009
what do you love about 2t's :D5 replies22 Oct 2009