Finally.the ice is starting to be done

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by hairyjim, May 13, 2020.

1. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    IMG_20200616_181354.jpg IMG_20200616_181411.jpg IMG_20200616_181354.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  2. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
  3. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Shot some poundland grey primer on the frame to slow the rusting down.fed up sanding metal laterly.got a few bits on the bottom to do but two more 250ml tins should see me good till it dries and i can use the silver and see what it's gonna look like.using the poundland silver wheel paint for the inside bits as nobody's gonna see it and silver is silver in the dim underbelly of an ice frame. If it looks crap Ile wack some of the other on it..

4. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    IMG_20200622_191244.jpg IMG_20200622_191232.jpg IMG_20200622_191126.jpg IMG_20200622_191142.jpg IMG_20200622_190443.jpg IMG_20200622_191244.jpg IMG_20200622_191232.jpg IMG_20200622_191126.jpg

Stevep likes this.
  5. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Been smothering bits in paint again.the over spray on the black bits is intentional.gonna need to rub the dodgy bits down once it's dry and do underneath but it's the first coat of silver and it ain't too bad.lol.

Stevep and Rickard Pingol like this.
  6. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    IMG_20200707_193614.jpg been drowning the frame in silver paint last two days and got enough on to do a bit of rubbing down for a final top coat or two before the laquer goes on.did a few more black bits but i put them away so no pics yet of them.maybe later.bought a compressor last week but the one i ordered wasn't the one they sent.i ordered a little 24ltr 5cfm one...they sent a 100ltr 15cfm.im not complaining but it ain't that portable..£250 price difference but i need to move it about..oh well ..have to go under a cover outside for time being.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Rickard Pingol likes this.
  7. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
  8. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Few bits I've got in the bigger box on the floor

9. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Few smaller boxes can't be arsed unpacking.

Attached Files:

10. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Pretty much down to the wheels,cables and wiring bits now.all the plastic,frame and odds and ends are done.may need a headlight later as mines a bit black on the big plastic surface.bulb reflector is ok.maybe wangle a paint brush in and silver it up enough to distract the tester.i could be having some of this together by next week.bloody hell.

11. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

How did you get your plastic to get so sexy black

12. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Well.first i clean all the surface then repair any bits and sand it down gently with 1200 wet n dry..then clean it and bang shit loads of paint on it in thinnish layers till there's enough to rub it down very gently with knackered 1200 wet N dry.i don't put any pressure on the paper.just fold it and let the tension in the folds be the pressure.if it bends I'm going too hard..lots of water too..i got bugger all to do all day so I'm bored to tears sometimes.i need to get out more.really.think I've used so many rattle cans to do the primary coats i should have bought the compressor in the beginning and saved money buying normal paint and thinners.£60 ish on cans .still not finished but poundland/wilko Matt black is £7 a 500ml tin.good thinners £15 LTR...could have saved a good bit of time getting it right first time and not have to rub down all my cock ups.oh well.got a compressor now so if i can get the last final top coat on with the control i got over a gun i should be laughing.HAHAHA.see...i need to get out more..

13. Rickard Pingol

Go out feel the sun, and hopefully some hot chicks is Always good for the soul. That some work you doing there. I dont have any place to spray. Still, good tips, I remember em

14. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Hi.i go out but all i get is virus b.s. can't walk up and down the road without being dodged by paranoid sheeple.seems all there is in their heads is fear..I'm probably the safest person to be around.i don't go out from one week to the next.i live with my brother who's working 4 days a week who totally ignores me and anyone i meet in the outside world i can't be bothered to talk to cos they got nothing to say Sept virus stuff.i actually can't be bothered talking to people even when they try to talk to me.now all this compulsory mask nonsense in shops.i can't breathe moving and standing still talking so i ain't gonna be able to have a sticky moist damp cloth over my mouth.soon as i get in my power band I'm gonna bog down and need rejetting.had argument in wilkos last week over the one way system.wanted me to hobble up n down two isles to get to a till 6ft away.i hopped the barrier and told to sod off ,don't like it can the police.then they moaned i sat on a bench that used to be for customers that now has a no sit sign.again i let rip telling them I've got circulation issues and can't get enough oxygen in my blood so i have to sit down or i go dizzy and crash to the floor and maybe hit my head.she left me alone after that.masks ain't gonna help me so I'm not having one.if im a risk to anyone else then their masks ain't working.£100 fine.dont get me on that one too..any way.back to the ped..rubbed the frame down and no paint yet so can't do nothing there.hydrolic pipe has a bit of webbing exposed so needs replacing and next large job is ripping the tyres off the front wheel and get it ready for a red spray can jobbie later.im gonna change back one back to standard wheel.easier than trying to find a matching one to the back one.bout it till Saturday as my brothers got 3 days off and he bitches about the smell of white spirit and oil..poof.got the forks in now too so I'm on the road to rebuilding now..

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  15. Rickard Pingol

Nice. Yeah people are to damn afraid. Everyone says money rules the world. I Believe its fear that rules the world. Im to damn broke after the virus and all. I cant wait to start working on my scoot. Planning on building around the polini 70 sport. Not the fastest cylinder. But it's supposed to have good bottom end. And works well for commuting. And i think its will work with my Leo Vince exhaust. Not many exhaust to a derbi gp1. Otherwise I'll buy another and take it to a workshop to do some wielding so it fits the bike. So I'm a little bit envious of you having the time to work on your scoot. It's just so nice to tweak on something

16. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    15953446012047092380357146921595.jpg finally got the engine in and it's movable.couldnt remember which way the rubber blocks and mount went but sorted it all in the end.cleaned and rewrapped the loom yesterday so that's nice and unsticky ready to go on soon.next thing is sort bolts and clips for panels and get the throttle cable made for single run straight to the carb.silly adjuster on the switch end has broke so gonna have to drill it out and sort a suitable replacement.one long run of inner and outer with the right size nipple at grip end to start..new pads and s/h hydrolic pipe on its way.no excuses now. 15953446012047092380357146921595.jpg