finally rebuilding my aerox but i need some help :D

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Aerox-lad, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

hey guys. managed to source another engine for my aerox. wiht bits from my old engine and this one i should be able to get her going smooth. im just finishing off the transmission before remounting the engine.

I took off the gearbox cover and removed it. the bike does have a gear up :D. but both the gears in there i cant get out.

at the other end i have removed the back wheel and the brake disc but i need to remove the shaft that attaches to the back wheel and the gears but i cant get the gears out :( anyone know how to do the job

2. YogiAerox0393

YogiAerox0393 New Member

Rides:
    Aerox!
    good luck in re-building the rox mate, i do belive the gears need to be pressed out

3. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

i know on the piaggio gear boxes the output gear has a circlip holding it in place, and needs to be removed before the gear will come out :glare:

maybe its the same on the aerox gears...

4. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

hi dave yeah it does have a circlip in there :(. i managed to get the seal out but dont have any circlip pliers. might have to ebay or something.

5. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

i can never find my circlip pliars when i need them, so i sharpened the ends of an old pair of long nose pliars to a point, and use them to remove circlips ;)

6. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

managed to get rid of the circlip dave. but there are bearing underneath i tried hitting the gear out with a hammer obviously from the outside and something is stopping it coming out. i cant get the bearings out though

7. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    tried applying a touch of heat to the bearing inner ?

have had shafts seized on bearings before, as Minor once said "heat is your friend"

8. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

hey mate well i used heat to take the circlip out. the bearing is fucked tbh. i will be buying a new oil seal, circlip and bearing before fitting the gears to my new engine. i'll have a crack tomorrow and try and heat the bearing up and then give it a knock see what happens. :beg: