F**king wind!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrXT, Feb 8, 2016.

1. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Bike got blown over again this time it popped off the windshield, any idea where I could get new plastic bolts for the stock windshield on a kymco agility city?

Also if my bike were to land on some idiot loitering near a bike swaying in the wind would insurance cover that?

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Worse,up here in the City...specially when going by some side roads,alright riding along- then wooosh,like going past a wind tunnel.;).

3. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

I am in the city, london.

4. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Found a box of these plastic rivet things of different sizes from m6 to m8 but the hole on my windshield in 10mm. Can't find any of that size so I bought the universal box in the hope one fits and my measurement is off. Fingers crossed.

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

You want proper screen bolts, they have an insert that goes into the big hole first in the screen, then through the bodywork, then the screw.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

PS. you should try it on the motorway with a 16' 2" high double deck trailer behind you. Certainly makes you concentrate:eek:

7. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

I have no idea what you are describing

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

9. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

10. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

11. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Well my plastic rivets arrived today and one of the larger sizes fit it perfectly. All sorted now it looks good as new aside from the bent and scratched exhaust heat shield where it fell on its side and the ignition plastic cover always seems to pop off when it lands on its side which is odd.