Exhaust confusion

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by bmunro21, Jun 8, 2016.

1. bmunro21

bmunro21 Member

Hello guys, I have changed the engine in my speedfight to a vivacity 100 engine but don't want to use a stock pipe. Can I use my Leo Vine ZX exhaust that I had on my 50? If not can I use something like a stage 6 exhaust (although they say 50-70cc) or does it have to be a 100 pipe because the only one I can find is technigas

2. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    You may find that the 50cc pipe might not fit as the exhaust throat from the cylinder may be larger. You need to compare the stub of the 50cc pipe to the head of the new engine. If I recall correctly, the 100cc exhaust port is larger.

3. gilly_runner

gilly_runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner
    A 50cc exhaust will fit but the dimensions will be out of whack and it won't perform properly... Years ago I had a speedfight 50cc with a malossi mhr replica 70 kit on, a standard exhaust and standard 12mm carb not even rejetted. My mate pulled up beside me on a speedfight 100 I could see he had a racing exhaust but it was a 50cc version... I left him for dust lool. I would only use the 50cc exhaust if it was a only option if I was you.