electrics problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by 4strokelover, Apr 19, 2018.

1. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Hi all. I have searched the forums but cant find exactly what my problem/s are..

My bike has power (all lights ect)

1.. My battery is fully charged but when installed on the bike the battery volt indicator on the dash sais half charged.
    2.. when i pull a brake or switch lights on ect the voltage drops alott.
    3.. when i use the electric start the solenoid only has 1 click and more voltage drop but nothing else. I have tried bridging the 2 posts but nothing happens (no click or sparks).

I have checked the whole loom for damaged wires, cleaned every connection and earth cables but with no luck.

Please someone know somthing as its driving me mad going round in circles with this thing. I cant find a wiring diagram for this specific bike either.
    Thanks in advance
    Damien..

2. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    have you tried testing the starter motor independent of being on the bike. sounds like its your problem.

3. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have tested it out of the bike and it spins freely when connected to the battery.

4. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    try all the other circuits with the all starter circuit disconnected, the relay could also be a problem, I only know piaggio wiring but hope it might help. at this point I would think the relay/solenoid was at fault. or a bad earth through the starter. on mine I can clean the relay but don't know what yours is like.

5. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Thats fine mate. I need a new relay now anyway as i went to check the contacts inside and broke one of the little wires off. Think the easiest way for me is just buy a new loom and start from there.

CGC likes this.