Electrical Problem??

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by bikerbeynard, Aug 11, 2015.

1. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    After having the throttle all the way open for a long stretch of road my bike starts to struggle,the exhaust backfires and if keep throttle open it sometimes kicks back in at low speeds or it cuts out completely.I have spoke to a garage and they say its probably an electrical fault and not worth the time or money trying to fix.I was wondering if i bought a new wiring loom,magneto/flywheel,HT coil And cdi would this solve the problem as there all new parts in theory.Let me know Just wondering

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go rushing out and buying all that on one persons opinion. That's just a fob off in case you decided to take it to them.
    2 strokes don't necessarily like long stretches of full throttle sustained riding.
    If it starts again straight away, it's more likely either fuel related or a mild case of heat seizure.
    I would up jet one size and see what happens first, along the same stretch of road that it happened before.

3. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    do you think its worth me buying a used loom off ebay for like 15.00?just to test and see/

4. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    Have upjetted and not much change,if it was heat siezure what could i do to keep it cool?? thanks

5. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Make sure the jetting is correct before buying parts. If it was something electrical it would be something attached to the loom, not the loom