do these fit/work on scooters aswell

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by gazell, Dec 31, 2006.

1. gazell

gazell Active Member

2. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

well from what i know there is a difference between 2t/4t carbs... with jetting to suit one of those would run on a runner 4t or most 4t's but cant see it working on a 2t

wait for someone who knows what theyre talking about to confirm this tho :pimp:

sam :punk:

3. gazell

gazell Active Member

i think ur right might...i forgot pitbikes a 4t DOHHHHHHHHH lmao :w00t:

4. tweak

tweak Member

It's all to do with the spray bar profile inside the centre of the carb. Its this that prevents the air/fuel mixture rushing toward the airfilter caused by the backward pulse emitted before the reed valves shut. (2-Stroke Motor)

Also a 4-Stroke carb wouldn't work on a 2-Stroke due to the lack of an oil feed (ok you could use premix but the previous reason would then apply and cause irratic idling and poor throttle response)

In theory you could run a 2-Stroke carb on a 4-Stroke motor if you blanked the oil feed off and changed the spray bar.

:nerd:

5. gazell

gazell Active Member

ahhhh thnx for clearin that up pal

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    spray bar is also known as the atomuiser.. most 4t's use a cv type carb (constant vacume) but this uses a carb verry similar to a 2t so wouldent be too hard to mod, why you would want a minimoto quality carb on your bike i dont know :D

7. gazell

gazell Active Member

i just saw the size of it and thought it was a bargain lol :w00t: