i have been looking at a gilera dna , does anyone know what they are like e.g speed,how much petrol it drinks etc etc , i would like to get one and put a 70 bore on it , can some1 please give me some info bout these?
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
DNA !
I have one for sale if u want one :grin:
Pm me
Pm me
They are alright, same speed as most L/C 50's and drinks the same amount of fuel. They have the same engine as gilera runners, L/C NRG's, Zip sp...
I like my 125 - ok it's big & it's heavy wheas I could chuck my speedy round like a tonka-toy, but it's very stable & I've accidentally hit those horrible tall box-like speed bumps at like 45/nearly 50 & not felt that sudden fear I was going to lose it..
I can't comment on 50/70 engines in them, but as said it's a basically a runner engine so it should be easy to make your mind up on that score.
Some guys say they don't like the handling, but I don't really have a problem with it, obviously it feels a bit more like a bike than a traditionally shaped ped does but that's all just preference really - personally I often carry heavy backpacks & because I'm quite short it acually helps me to be in a more forward position than my old Speedy, but again that's going into pure personal preference territory..
*EDIT* Actually I'm often guilty of the sin of forgetting that I'm riding what is basically a moped with ideas above it's station - I'll see a fast bike pass me or I'll get fed up following a car at 55/60 on a dual carriageway & try to throttle it, forgetting that I've only got a 125 underneath me.. - not a cool look pulling quickly out to overtake a car, only to be stuck next to it for the length of the road because I've not got enough power to speed past..
I can't comment on 50/70 engines in them, but as said it's a basically a runner engine so it should be easy to make your mind up on that score.
Some guys say they don't like the handling, but I don't really have a problem with it, obviously it feels a bit more like a bike than a traditionally shaped ped does but that's all just preference really - personally I often carry heavy backpacks & because I'm quite short it acually helps me to be in a more forward position than my old Speedy, but again that's going into pure personal preference territory..
*EDIT* Actually I'm often guilty of the sin of forgetting that I'm riding what is basically a moped with ideas above it's station - I'll see a fast bike pass me or I'll get fed up following a car at 55/60 on a dual carriageway & try to throttle it, forgetting that I've only got a 125 underneath me.. - not a cool look pulling quickly out to overtake a car, only to be stuck next to it for the length of the road because I've not got enough power to speed past..
I think mine handles fine, even when the foot pegs are scraping the floor 
More threads in General Scooter Discussion
| Can someone PM or Email me a wiring diagram | 5 Jul 2009 |
| Which type of engine is best? | 4 Jul 2009 |
| gilly runner 125 vx electric start wont work | 4 Jul 2009 |
| Holes cut in panels, Pics please | 2 Jul 2009 |
| Runner New Shape 50 | 2 Jul 2009 |
| Aerox dedicated forums? | 29 Jun 2009 |
| aerox and sr50 engine the same? | 29 Jun 2009 |
| Headlight law | 28 Jun 2009 |
| NUMBER PLATES? | 28 Jun 2009 |
| THINK YOU CAN PULL THE PERFECT WHEELIE? | 28 Jun 2009 |
