Dna-£350 to splash

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by luke_2401, Jul 15, 2011.

1. luke_2401

luke_2401 New Member

Recently aquired a gilera dna for my girlfriend, wouldnt have chosen it myself but im actally quite fond of it.
    The 44mph doesnt quite cut it so she wants to spend a bit of money on it to make it pokey.
    Ive been looking at the doppler (s17?) ally kit.
    My query with that one is that it states it needs 1.5mm skimming off the bottom to fit a gilly 50cc wc engine.... Could it be a case of literally filing 1.5m off the bottom?
    And is there a huge difference between the c16 and c21 pipes? Worth the extra money?

She has budgeted me to £350 for the first month, with about the same someing the next month if it needs it.
    She has absolubtly no interest in getting a bigger bike... wierdo :)

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    certian engines have a small barrel skirt entrance.. some dont, i doubt the dna's are young enough to have these "tamper proof" engines. they didnt do them likethis for long mind :)

c16 pipe is road happy, clears the centrestand and works well on the majority of mid race kits... the 21 is an all out race pipe, need a seriously revvy kit to run one, but the power is amazing.

decide what kit you want, this alone will determin what pipe you need, not wich one you want ;)

3. luke_2401

luke_2401 New Member

Thank you :)
    Ill have a look a little deeper into bbk's when payday comes around :D