Derestriction Help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by oliver8, Mar 14, 2012.

1. oliver8

oliver8 Member

Rides:
    Aprilia Sportcity 50
    Hi Everyone,

New to this forum.

I have a 2011 Aprilia Sportcity One 50cc 2T.
    The restrictor ring on the variator was removed last month but, dissapointingly only gave me an extra 5mph.
    I have decided I want to derestrict my bike further but, fitting the parts isnt the problem, its finding them.

I am after a fully derestricted sports exhaust, larger jets, and lighter rollers but, cant find them on any website (atleast not any that are designed for a 50cc or my bike)

So what I really want to ask is, does anybody know somewhere or someone that sells the parts I am looking for, if so could they please let me know.
    I have found a technigas rs ii exhaust that will fit my bike but, this pipe apparently has a restrictor in it,which surely defeats the object of buying the exhaust. (If im wrong please correct me)

If anybody knows of any websites which sells the items I am looking for please let me know?
    Also I have heard there is something you can do to the air filter to increase speed, is this true if so how do I do it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Oliver

2. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    With the air filter if you take it off theyre should be a brass plate sat between the carb and air filter intake but removing this means upjetting main jet around 3 sizes.
    I strongly suggest dont get a tegnigas they are terrible exhausts in my opinion, Places i like which should have parts for your bike are; Www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk , Www.PSNtuning.co.uk , www.Malossistore.co.uk , www.Pedparts.co.uk , If you cant find parts for your bike on any of these sites you are going to struggle but should be problem these sites are handy and i find almost anything for my bike.

Post back and keep us updated on your progress or if need anymore help i will try my best

First link seems to appearing not to work on my screen if same for you its donotlink pedstop the website

3. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Technigas gets a bad rep but they're not that bad.

I've had an RSII and a Tek and they've been fine...the finish may not be the best but they perform well enough assuming your not wanting to spend megabucks (imo and according to a few other forums).

Anyway the malossi store list your bike - http://www.malossistore.co.uk

If you look at the cylinder list it would seem to indicate your bike shares the same engine as these other bikes;

APRILIA MOJITO CUSTOM 50 2T
    APRILIA SCARABEO STREET 50 2T (PIAGGIO)
    APRILIA SPORTCITY ONE STREET 50 2T euro 2
    DERBI ATLANTIS - BULLET 50 2T 2003->
    GILERA EASY MOVING 50 2T
    GILERA ICE 50 2T
    GILERA STORM 50 2T
    GILERA STALKER 50 2T
    GILERA TYPHOON 50 2T
    GILERA TYPHOON X 50 2T
    ITALJET JET SET 50 2T
    ITALJET TORPEDO NEW 50 2T
    PIAGGIO DIESIS 50 2T
    PIAGGIO NRG EXTREME 50 2T
    PIAGGIO FLY 50 2T
    PIAGGIO FREE 50 2T
    PIAGGIO LIBERTY 50 2T
    PIAGGIO NRG MC3 DT 50 2T
    PIAGGIO NRG Power DT 50 2T (C453M)
    PIAGGIO SFERA RESTYLING 50 2T
    PIAGGIO SFERA 50 2T
    PIAGGIO TYPHOON 50 2T 2007->2010
    PIAGGIO TYPHOON 50 2T euro 2 2011
    PIAGGIO ZIP Fast Rider 50 2T
    PIAGGIO ZIP 50 2T 2000
    PIAGGIO ZIP 50 2T
    VESPA ET2 50 2T 2000
    VESPA ET2 carb. 50 2T
    VESPA LX 50 2T
    VESPA S 50 2T euro 2 (C381M)
    You'll need to double check but it may help you find parts (if they're listed under one of these bikes instead).

4. oliver8

oliver8 Member

Rides:
    Aprilia Sportcity 50
    thanks guys.
    great help and if I need any further information I will certaintly ask here.

excuse me for sounding dumb but, why does removing the brass plate betwee nair intake and carb help the bike achieve a higher speed/acceleration. (interested as new to tuning and want to know as much as possible)

Cheers,
    Oliver

5. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    I've never seen a brass plate on any of the scooters i've owned.

I think that maybe specific to the type of bike he rides (^^ Piaggio).

I'd expect it'd just be to throttle airflow though.

6. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Well oliver removing it makes the air flow alot better, u33db im not sure if its just piaggio scooters i wouldnt be able to tell you but worth a look and you will soon find out :D

7. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    No, Yamaha don't use plates like that.

8. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    yamaha might not but other scooters may? :p

9. oliver8

oliver8 Member

Rides:
    Aprilia Sportcity 50
    Duggiedan likes this.
  10. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    I didn't say they didn't.

Whats your point?

11. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Clearly quotes you said yamaha dont use them, Im trying to get my point so if people want fully derestricted bike to check behind airbox to see if theyre is one to remove.

12. ramo

ramo GoldMember

The brass plate aint a restriction it gives a more even air lfow on a stock 50. Youre only meant to remove when you fit other stuff

13. oliver8

oliver8 Member

Rides:
    Aprilia Sportcity 50
    cheers everyone.
    u33db - I checked out the list of bikes you gave me and from what I can find out they share most of the same components as my bike, so thanks for that.

Im thinking of upping the jet size by 3 sizes and fitting 6.7g rollers what size contra spring do you reccomend for this?
    My bike is crap up hills and from what ive read elsewhere the contra spring can help this.

14. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    i got told that and the guy removed it upjeted carb and went 5-10mph faster :confused:

15. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The brass coloured plate is a restrictor, remove it and upjet to a 58-60 main jet. The aprilia sport city runs a very lean jet as std, 53 if i remember rightly and has a habit of setting fire to the exhaust !! Remove variator restrictor washer and Just these mods will give a good increase in speed.

16. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    do not buy tht exhaust it is for a tuned bike ..it wont run right on your bike ....unless your getting a 70cc kit??

17. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Get a Leo vince zx, great value for money

18. adamnoakes

adamnoakes Member

Do not get technigas and do not remove the brass plate for just a sports exhaust as this is not necessary.

19. oliver8

oliver8 Member

Rides:
    Aprilia Sportcity 50
    Should be tuning the bike up in the next week.
    Found out the jet is a 53 so will up that to a 58 probably.
    unsure of roller weights yet so will remove, weigh and go from there but, will be going lighter.
    Ive found two exhausts a malossi and viper exhaust but unsure which one to choose.

This is the viper exhaust could anyone tell me what they think of this exhaust as im unsure about the whole upside down can thing going on here: http://www.apriliascooterspares.co.uk/spares/partImage.asp?GPN=Z[NU595&model=APRILIA SPORT CITY ONE 50 2T - 9492&uid=0

just an update.
    cheers,
    Oliver

20. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Get the Malossi. The Viper is more a cosmetic part than anything.

And you're not meant to just pick and choose rollers/jets you're meant to have the right ones for your set up..