Dellorto PHBG 21mm Carb help

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by NJH, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    idle jet may be wrong.. hence the delay, rollers and mainjet.. start by dropping the rolers off a little so it reevs clean but doesent move, then ajust the carb so the engine runs as it should at any rpm/throttle position even when snapping from one position to another.. THEN increase the roller weight to the point the revs drop off a little (should accelerate faster to a point) then when there too heavy it will just bog and die out (seemingly big jeting) that jet sounds v small for your bike/spec so up on the mainjet ASAP, go down on the rollers, ajust from there ;)

2. NJH

NJH New Member

think im gunna have to stick standard carb back on tbh, cus all the jets iv got are 88 +

and its on a 70 atm and is nearly there :confused: i just lifted the needle up two notches, and the delay when you back of is worse,

tis like when yuou hold the choke on then back off and get back on the throttle, so maybe more air needed?

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ang on, what engine is this? minareli?
    a big jet will run.. a small jet will blow it. do as above. if you cant get it right put the stock carb back on and find somone to help you

4. NJH

NJH New Member

stock carbs back on, i need to get myself some more jets, it just seemed like it was runnin very rich, even with a 70mj and needle in lowest position :confused:

5. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    try dropping the roller weight down to about 3.5

6. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

You`ll probably find the needle is too rich on this (had it a few times running 21`s on minerelli`s) it`s probably best on it`s lowest setting but still not good and burbles and farts at half throttle?
    Need a weeker needle (fatter section at half to full length or less taper).

7. NJH

NJH New Member

basically, when you initially put the throttle on, it burbles and really bogs, like the chokes on, then it wil clear at higher revs and ride fine, then if your flat out and back off the throttle then throttle it again theres a delay before it reacts, like the chokes on, but its not, and iv tried the air screw all the way in and out lots and various positions etc.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    mainjet is a bit big/needle position mabey.. if tis fine constantly (deffinatly not rich) then the pilot jet is too big.

could well be rollers are too heavy tho.. this is ALWAYS mistaken for "bogging"

9. NJH

NJH New Member

na because tis even like revving it on stand etc, with no load so cant be rollers,

and i put some 3.6g's in and just revs and acceleraqtes really slow, ie too light, thats 2.9g lighter than stock, maybe pilot jets too big.?

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    thats no test ATALL... on the stand? leave out.

take a vid... simple really... rev rev rev rev, hold half throttle, rev.. shjow us the bad bits and good bits and ill tell you whats up with it.

11. NJH

NJH New Member

basically, ill tell you exactly what happens.

get on scooter, go to pull away, burbles and bogs like choke is on, then revvs build up, pulls away pretty fast, smoothly accelerates throught revv range upto to full speed (no top end different at all to standard carb) then if u just let of the throttle, then open it up again theres a delay, then it will just revv and carry on as usual.

seems too rich on pull away then not sure asbout the delay when you open it up again

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well, change your fookin clutch springs already LOL

13. NJH

NJH New Member

noooo, tis carburation, like the engine stuggles to rev, i know i probably sound dumb ;)

ive never really setup a slide carb like these before, im used to the carbs on my kart, ie, a low speed jet and a high speed jet and to choke it you cover the air inlet, its a lot simpler tbh ;)

its ticks over high then suddenly ticks overr really low,

basicaly it struggles to rev up to begin with, like it takes time to build up. whether you ride it or if its on the stand,

14. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

need to lean out the idle mix by the sounds of it for a start

15. NJH

NJH New Member

ive had it screwed all the way in, and like to about 5 turns out at 1/2 turn increments and makes shittt all diff

16. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

you say the revs stay high then bring them selves down thats rich idle mix

adjust it till it will rev up qucikly from idle and when reved up revs will drop straight down to idle speed

17. NJH

NJH New Member

it wont lol, thats what im saying, iv tried needle in 4 different positions, different jets, diff idle mix;s etc ;)

tis tres shit

18. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

It`s the bloody needle!!! change it! tell me what number it is and I`ll tell you number to try. Jeez!

Best guess at the moment is a W-7 fitted?

19. NJH

NJH New Member

where am i gunna get a needle ?

do you not want to just set my bike up for me :D:D

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ok, so you know FUCK ALL about carb setup.. yet its carburation? have fun with that.. dont ask if you aint gonna folow advice.. :confused: some people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.