Dellorto main jet?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Dae2830, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Dae2830

Dae2830 Member

Hi

Can anybody tell me please what the standard main jet is for a Dellorto phbn carb?

Its for a 50cc if that makes a difference...i read it should be a 52 size and then i read it should be about 72?

I currently have a 72 but am suffering with good idle and rpm but underload ie riding it bogs down, sometimes slowly dies then stalls or full throttle it seems to hold back and wont do much more than 25mph.

Thanks in advance

2. daveNRGdt

daveNRGdt Member

Which moped have you got? Standard or performance exhaust? Standard or open filter?

3. Dae2830

Dae2830 Member

Hi

Thanks for replying.
    I have a 1998 yamaha yn50.
    It was running on an standard air box with no filter in....i didnt do that hence why i am now struggling.
    I have put the air filter back in and it is slightly oiled.
    That is the exhaust thats on at the moment. Someone said it is a performance one but i beg to differ. It doesnt say anything on it.
    Hope that helps

Attached Files:

4. Dae2830

Dae2830 Member

This is one that i have recently bought...secondhand. That looks like the proper standard one to me.

Attached Files:

5. daveNRGdt

daveNRGdt Member

72 will definitely be too large now you have the correct filter fitted. But 52 sounds a little on the small side, if I were you I'd buy a multi pack of jets and work my way down from 62 until it runs how you like it

6. Dae2830

Dae2830 Member

Brilliant thank you. I did order a pack of jets today ranging from 50-70 (10 jets in total)
    Youve given me a staring point. New to the biking world albeit a moped but these 2 stroke are great fun and cheap to maintain.