De restrict my lexmoto echo 50, 2018

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Andyshin13, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Andyshin13

Andyshin13 New Member

Hi everyone

I have a lexmoto 2018 plate 50cc and I would like a bit more power out of it I have a full bike licence so I'm not concerned about the legal restriction I would like to get more power.
    I hear whispers that there is a cdi unit you can buy that will increase the power but I dont know if its true or where to get one or weather there is any other way to un restrict it.
    Please help me

Regards

Andy

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Hard to get more power (80cc barrel) but you can get a little more speed, Possible spacer on the variator. upjet the carb and check for diaphram lift ?, unplug the clutch speed limiter wire. Check valve clearance, 00.4" in, 00.5" ex.

3. Andyshin13

Andyshin13 New Member

Thanks I want to start with the simple and cheapest things first unplugging the clutch speed limiter wire sounds easy which one is it pal?

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    On the transmission case you should see a wire coming out the top front end, cut the wire and a bit of tape on it. Or do it nicely by outing the seat bucket, trace wire to loom (near cdi coil ) unplug, wrap wire up safe.

5. ET2SLOW

ET2SLOW New Member

80cc kit is well worth doing, is cheap and really helps with hills. Stay away from the 100cc kits.

so cut restrictor wire,
    Take out restriction ring in variator (if it has one, I’ve got a feeling the chinks don’t use em)
    Upjet,

this should see you 40mph on flat.

80cc big bore kit will get you a few more mph on top of this but much more importantly the torque is much better for hills. Much needed on this engine.

scubabiker likes this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You are right, they don't normally have the ring, just an electrical limiter

ET2SLOW likes this.
  7. riyaz

riyaz New Member

hi
    any pics of the wire pls

8. ET2SLOW

ET2SLOW New Member

It’s pink and usually goes into the CDI box near the battery

9. riyaz

riyaz New Member

hi
    my bike is 2019 model