"das motorrad"

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by scubabiker, Nov 15, 2014.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

its quite a nice bike, once you get over all the dumb things about it, it feels like a 125 with tye way it handles, but it has the torque of a 600 (yeah the engine is 1000, but its not a very powerful lump) the gearbox is a bit primative, but you soon get used to it, i have a feeling its got straight cut gears.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

another update, whipped a carb off to clean it, turns out the choke gasket was fitted wrong, so its out of action for a while until i order new ones, got the VF battery on charge now.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

this little bastard gasket!

SUNP0110.JPG

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

SUNP0198.JPG SUNP0199.JPG SUNP0200.JPG SUNP0201.JPG SUNP0202.JPG SUNP0203.JPG SUNP0204.JPG
    been a busy day today fixing the damn clutch. glad i didnt have to take the transmission out. my body is fucked now, probably wont be able to move for days!

5. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Has this got the stupid clip on float bowls ? Rode a old R80 (I think ) and kept uncliping the latch thing on the bowls , drenching my boots in fuel every time I change gear. Terrible experience for my feet

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah, same clip, its not too easy to unclip though, not done it with my foot yet!

7. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    suppose riding in size 12 steel toe cap boots didn't help the matter . And the one I rode was a proper shed so chances are the clips were knackered anyway . Still was funny the first couple times , then my toes started burning , was walking around like I had a stone in my shoe.

scootzmadness and scubabiker like this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

my bike boots are snow boots. i think because its a GS there might be more clearance than the other models (S?)

scootzmadness likes this.
  9. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    The GS does have more clearance.
    Try riding any bike with size 15 feet..... :oops: not a easy task :oops:

the one thing I hate about the BM`s with this style engine is having to take the rear apart to do a clutch job. I think its the r1200? where the bike pretty much has to be split in two.

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah its like a car gearbox, all the boxer bikes are like that i think, single plate dry clutch bolted to the flywheel like a car. its not such a pain, its made simple, i took all the swingarm and stuff off with about 5 tools.

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

7 tools in fact: 10mm socket, 17mm socket, 24mm socket, allen key, ratchet, 10 mm spanner 13mm spanner....

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

oh and a flat screwdriver for the jublee clips on the 2 rubber boot things

13. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    its what put me off having one tbh.
    it kinda pushed me towards the triumph more, even though I don't know how a triumph one is done... cant be as bad...

all you need to do now is put 10 spotlights on each crash bar either side at the front... fit HUGE panniers and youll be like the rest of the "tourers" I put it like that because none of the fuckers who ride bikes like that here actually do any bloody touring

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i have some side boxes, one of them is always attached, one of them i hardly use, so one is really dirty!
    im off on a little trip next week, have an appointment near oslo so gonna take the bike and camp somewhere, 8 hour trip from here over the mountains, im guessing its cold as i can see there is still snow up there!

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

you cant really see it in the pic, but the back peice of the pannier frame (that goes under the numberplate) is made of that rebarb stuff....

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

gonna do my valve clearances today maybe if i feel up for it. its tapping a little on the left cylinder.
    fun fact about these, they dont have a stem seal on the exhaust valve.

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

they where easy! the left crash bar is a bit bent, so i had to loosen that a tad, but other than that it was easy, the exhaust valve on the left bank was a tad too big, that would be the tapping i heard. next job is to sort the 12v plug thing as the old one was just sort of placed in my underbox thing, and it came loose and i managed to run it over (duuurrrrrr)
    also need to fix my blinkers, the rear right has melted wiring (where we welded the frame) and the front is missing a lense (which i also managed to run over! duuuurrr)

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

did the 12v plug thing, looks lovely, its set into the under seat box thing, will get a pic later maybe

19. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Its a must these days. Amazing what you can get in 12v now. Only a matter of time till we can power our houses off ped batteries!

scubabiker likes this.
  20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the battery on my beemer is the biggest bike battery ive ever seen, bigger than a harley battery! its like 40Ahr or more! in fact i think i could start the car off it!