"das motorrad"

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by scubabiker, Nov 15, 2014.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

so heres my other bike, 1988 model R100GSP/D (registered in 1990) it needs a few things, SUNP0092.JPG
    the bash plate has been smashed into the exhaust at some point, which in turn is pressing against the oil cooler banjo bolt so it leaks oil a bit. need to fix that SUNP0093.JPG SUNP0094.JPG SUNP0094.JPG also the crash bars are bent a little and i cant get the head covers off to check the valves, SUNP0094.JPG so they need heating and bending, already fitted new brake pads and nice new tyres. planning on riding it from anchorage alaska, to buenos aires argentina either next year or the year after.

Attached Files:

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

not sure what happened with the pics there

3. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

I like that, very similar to my k100. Whats the characteristics of the boxer engine like compared to an inline 4? any vibration?

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

feels like driving a truck compared to an inline4, the clutch and gearbox are very primative, its the same as my grandfather-in-laws prewar zundapp, but it works.

5. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    stop teasing me you nasty nasty man

*scurries off to the nasty world of ebay*

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

took a trip up the mountain today on a "grusvegjakt" (gravel road hunt), found this "road" its maybe 30 odd degrees and gravel/loose rocks, i stopped about halfway down as i didnt want to crash with nobody around to save me! then i took a little tour around the island going through whatever puddles and mud i could find, its so nice out today, blue sky as far as i can see. SUNP0096.JPG SUNP0097.JPG

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i am impressed by the karoo tyres, nice grip both on and off road and they hardly need scrubbing in at all (those of you with big bikes will know what i mean, you cant feel it on scooters) the back brake is however not so good, neither is the front for that matter

scootzmadness likes this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the oil leak has however got worse, looks like i will be riding the VF til i fix it.

9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    its when I see posts like this I miss having the tiger so much :(
    just bloody get on with it and fix it scuba! this bike needs to be ridden!

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

need to wait for the exhaust nuts to come before i can take the exhausts off.

11. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    who needs exhausts? ;)

scubabiker likes this.
  12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

been looking at parts on motorworks all day.... still waiting for the exhaust mod thing to come

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

oh man, i could spend some serious money on this bike

14. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    Do it. Its a bmw. It's worth it.

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i gotta wait to see whats happening with my life before i buy anything!

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

im going to make a suicide shift style brake lever for my moped tomorrow i think, im fed up of using so much fuel using a 1000cc bike to go to the shop!

17. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    What's up with standard lever?

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the cable snapped so i thought it would be fun to make something a bit differnt, instead of a cable i will make a brake rod, like on most bikes.

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

anyone want to come and strip and clean my carbs for me? its too cold outside for me! fitted some of these http://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=5&NU=15&M=20&Ct=JA&SbCt=BA_15_20_JA_85
    the standard manifold fitting is threaded into the head, and you need a special tool to take the exhaust off, with these, they clamp round the head and you can take them off at the side of the road. much better design, my mates bike had the threads totally destroyed on his, so he needs to get the head fixed before he can mount his

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Now aint that strange, I was looking at one of these Paris Dakar's yesterday:confused: