Cutting out

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by mkemsley, Apr 5, 2024.

1. mkemsley

mkemsley New Member

I have a 2023 Zhongneng ZN50 QT 11B which has been derestricted by remapping the ECU.However at about 38 mph it cuts out and I have to back off the throttle for it to pick up again.The dealer told me this is the way my bike is can anything be done about this

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Check spark plug colour, it should be a nice chocolate brown, if it's a bit grey put a slightly bigger main jet in carb. How has it been derestricted ?

3. mkemsley

mkemsley New Member

The dealer remmaped the ECU once it was run in but he is saying that nothing can be done but I would like to get it sorted

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I've never heard of a ecu being re mapped on a chinese 50cc, ask how it's done.

5. mkemsley

mkemsley New Member

I will do I'll phone them tomorrow thank for your help I'll let you know

6. mkemsley

mkemsley New Member

All I know is that is fuel injection and apparently they use an ecu and on this bike it is the ECU that is restricted and has to be remmaped.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    ECU is a rev rpm limiter, was there a spacer on the front pulley ? EFI models are very restricted and it maybe all the speed it will ever do ?

8. mkemsley

mkemsley New Member

I don't mind it only doing 36 to 37 mph if it stayed there but when it cuts out then back in after a couple of seconds doesn't seem right but I can't find out what to do to fix it

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It could be running weak at high rpm ?