CPI Formula R 50 Restriction??

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by SRS440, Sep 26, 2020.

1. SRS440

SRS440 New Member

Hi all

I've been given a CPI scooter, 2 stroke 50cc. It runs well but it seems to top out at 40mph on the clock so probably 35mph realistically. Does anyone know of any restrictions to this bike as I'm pretty sure even being a 50cc it should be doing more on the clocks? I *think* the CDI is de-restricted as it revs high and will rev higher and even surpass 40mph going down hills. no rev limiter at all.

[​IMG]

It also HATES hills... 15 mph on a steep hill... Cars cut me up and get annoyed so i'd like to increase this too if possible.

I've replaced the basic maintenance stuff as it had been sat for ages.. new spark plug, brand new air filter, new belt, exhaust removed and resealed with fresh gaskets (no restrictions spotted in the exhaust)

I don't want to go down the tuning route like 70cc kits or racing exhausts, just want to work with what i've got and hopefully remove any restrictions it may have..? so if anyone knows much about these (they use the chinese copy of the Yamaha neos engine i think, definitely an AC minarelli engine copy) let me know as i'd rather have a bit more speed so i don't annoy car drivers so much.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Does it still have the standard carb on it?

3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Std they do 28-30 mph so maybe partly derestricted. I'm sure variator has washer, change of cdi and a shorter down pipe on exhaust if I remember right.