Correct spark plug for honda dylan ses125 05

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Daymyan, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Daymyan

Daymyan New Member

Hi there guys.

Just bought a honda dylan ses 125 05 plate. Always been a aprillia rider but fancy changing from 2 stroke to 4 stroke so I bought the honda. How do I find out what is the correct spark plug to go in my honda dylan ses 125.

Any help would be great

Thank you

2. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

NGK Cr8Eh-9

3. Daymyan

Daymyan New Member

Thank you
    That was in the bike allready just wanted to check it was correct can you get a Ngk irridium version

Thank again

4. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

CR8EHIX-9 although you'll find the 4 stroke will not be so critical as the 2 stroke on plugs and will last much longer even a standard plug.

5. Daymyan

Daymyan New Member

Sorry to be a pain but our you saying the Ngk irridium CR8EHIX-9 is a good upgrade. And that it would be better for the honda. And when you say it will be less critical do you mean less damage ? Sorry was struggling to understand what you ment.

Regards and thank you for the info

6. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

2 strokes are harder on plugs compared with 4 strokes so you will find the Honda will go on much longer with a standard plug in comparison.
    I don't think fitting an iridium plug will make much difference unless the Honda is tuned to a fairly high spec which it probably won't be.
    The choice is yours.
    As a former 2 stroke owner you have probably been used to plugs burning out especially if it was tuned but 4 strokes can go on much longer and plugs don't need changing as often.
    Hope that helps but if you want to fit one it's your choice/money.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017