Correct military green colour??

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Buzz, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

im about to strip and respray my moto style geared bike. Its been a few colours so this time im going for a classic army green so it looks like an army bike. I dont want the wwii olive drab as its too dark, im looking for a lighter, matt jeep green and then add some US military star decals. I cant work out what the right green is though? I thought maybe Halfrauds landrover green but it looks wrong. Can anyone enlighten me and steer me to a UK supplier?

BunnyMum likes this.
  2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    depends on the green your wanting,
    Olive drab is the darker of the greens its the most common on trucks and bikes.
    olive green its a shade or two lighter than the drab version , more seen sometimes on fuel cans etc etc , sometimes on bikes but not to often.

Search ebay for olive green military paint and olive drab military paint, that will give you an idea of the shade difference between the two.

i think what your seeing is an olive drab thats had a good few years weathering and has dropped a few shades due to sun bleaching and weathering ;)

3. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Thanks, you're probably right about the weathering effect. I might find a local army surplus store and look at their Jerry cans and things like that, take a colour sample and see what paint I can find. Maybe ill go for the older gloss olive drab. I like the lighter weathered look though, a faded, matt green.

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Nato green was the colour of the american jeeps in WW2

5. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Cheers. Ive found some wwii olive green which suits.