Confused about the Peugeot Speedfight

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ryan1428, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

Saw the speedfight in the dealership. Looks pretty cool. Tried to do some research. Hard to find alot of info in English. The model I found is a 2018 SF2 50cc. Find some confusing info. Sf2 and sf4. Are they 2 or 4 stroke? Air cooled? Fuel injection? Is there a 50cc model in sf2 and sf4? If so what is the difference.

Sorry. Have a few similar posts. Have many questions so I split them up.

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hello buddy it does get confusing. l got confused too. 2018 model is 4 stroke. The much earlier SF2's were 2 stroke like my old 2002 100cc. Then for years and years they were all 4 stroke but the 2019 speedfights are 2 stroke again. I think the 4 strokes were water cooled and the 2 strokes were either watercooled or air-cooled. Mine was definitely the latter. Yes there's a 50cc sf2 and sf4. They don't make 100cc anymore. The old 2 strokes carb and the 4 strokes fuel injected. The new 2 strokes are fuel injected. Don't know exactly what the sf2 and sf4 model difference is, it depends on the year. It is very confusing but l think the info l've given you is mostly correct and hope it helps. A lot of people l knew either loved or hated speedfights. I quite liked mine but it broke down way too much.

Ryan1428 likes this.
  3. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

Thanks Milo. The first constructive response I've ad.
    Do you have any recommendations on 50cc scooters? Dont have all the models here that you do. Would like something reliable.
    Just starting off in the scooter world.

4. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

Found the Piaggio NRG 50 may be in my price range. Actually cheaper than the speedfight.

5. milo2025

The NRG is a great scooter. Probably hold it's value better too. Whichever one you choose l don't think you can go far wrong:)

Ryan1428 likes this.
  6. milo2025

If reliability is your main priority l'd go for Yamaha neo's 4.

Ryan1428 likes this.
  7. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

Oh great. Thanks for throwing another monkey wrench into my decision making proccess.
    Not gonna lie. Performance and looks make a large part of it. I bet the yamaha is a reliable brand. Damn ugly as hell. Are these pretty tunable? Are they that much more reliable than the piaggio or peugeot?

8. milo2025

:pThey should all be reliable. Personally I'd go for the NRG. I love 2 strokes and the extra power they have over 4 strokes. Basically the Speedfight is the fastest, the Piaggio the most stylish, and just about as fast. Cheaper too. For me that would be my choice all day long. But l reckon you should test ride them first for sure. I wouldn't bother with the yawning Yamaha (apologies to anyone who owns a Neos):cool:

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Ryan1428 likes this.
  9. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

10. milo2025

Türkiye'densiniz. Scooter kulübesine çok sıcak bir karşılama!:)

Ryan1428 likes this.
  11. milo2025

I looked at them both. I'd still go for the Piaggio, but it's all about personal preference. You might ride the SF and decide you like it much more.

Ryan1428 likes this.
  12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That's a speedfight 4. As I said in the last post, the speedfight 2 stopped in like 2008 or something.
    A Piaggio will be faster and infinitely more tunable. But they do rust really fast compared to the Chinese Peugeot.
    The Piaggio feels much more well made though

Ryan1428 and milo2025 like this.
  13. milo2025

Just saw this post and l definitely agree.

Ryan1428 likes this.
  14. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

Do you speak Turkish or just playing with google translate?

15. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

This is the main reason I have so many Noob questions. These places dont let you test ride. ...and buying things used... your almost expected finish the deal online before you see the product. Dont ask to many questions. They get pissed around the third or fourth question.

16. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

Rust? Really? Didnt think that was a consideration for scooters.

Really adds to my confusion. There is a SF2 section on the ForSale site. And they are all over 2008.... with the exception of 2 new posts. I wanted to look at the old 97. But the guy is acting strange.

17. milo2025

Was playing with Google translate.

Ryan1428 likes this.
  18. milo2025

I purchased a brand new Sinnis Matrix 3i in October and already there is rust but l don't see it's a major consideration. I kind of expected it. I use it every day doing courier work, racked up 6800 miles and not once has it let me down so I'm happy with it. Coronavirus has made courier work in demand in my city. Two year free warranty and servicing too.
    How do you mean the guy's acting strange?

Ryan1428 likes this.
  19. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vas...-orjinal-italyan-plaka-mevcut-816055784/detay

He speaks English. First he raised the price. He is staying about an hours drive from the bike at his first house. He wants me to pic him up and drive him to the bike. Not a big problem... but puts pressure on me to buy the bike. Gets upset when I ask to many questions. The registration is old and under a companies name. No clue how were to start fixing that mess. A lot of 50cc bikes are not registered here. Not a surprise..... but just to get that much info out of the guy was like pulling teeth. Called him on the phone.... want to get off the phone real quick. Does not want to talk about logistics or legal problems. We have not even started talking about the bike itself.

milo2025 likes this.
  20. milo2025

Hmm l'd walk away from that guy myself. Even more so as there are so many 2nd SF's on the market. Sounds like he's not that bothered to sell it anyway.