Clones are us.... ruckus look alike.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Andy Collins, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Somedays your just wake up and are hit with a bolt of genius. Somedays your meet people online and they inspire you. After working out ive got a shed full of parts and basically i can build one and a half scooters ive toyed with the idea of building a ruckus clone. After doing my homework ie watching youtube clips on how ...i bumped into fellow member BunnyMum. So here goes. So far with the aid of bricks bits of wood ive worked out the basics.. how long how high. Now the stage of ordering parts i need. First off went online googling for a back wheel. Started off in the USA with prices round about $1000 .. feck that. ! headed to the UK and toyed with having a 10 inch racing mini wheel made 130 quid.. reasonable and now ive gambled on a Chinese back wheel for about 40 euros... worth a punt me thinks :) what im struggling with is the batterybox. anyone know where i can get either a cheapy honda ruckus battery box or even a battery box from a taotao 150 cc cruiser ( ruckus clone ) ? so far engine is done detailed and ready for the rest... i may as do something while im waiting on the back wheel .

Attached Files:

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Fabricate one, easy enough, could even be a couple of rigid straps as long as the battery is secure

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Drop the battery and use a capacitor....

4. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

I think thats goning to be the path im gonner take. It may sound weird but suddenly noticed ive got a couple utility boxes from Ikea laying here.. they look mighty close to the height width depth im looking for ? Ill post the results .

5. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Never heard of that solution !! have you got any more details or can point me to clip or site ?? cheers !

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

If you have a kick starter it will work.
    Do a search of "battery eliminator" you just swap out the battery with a capacitor so you don't blow fuses or bulbs.

7. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Ok ill do that.. thanks for the tip !!! that could also be an option :)

8. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Steering cut down by 2 inches and made a battery bracket

Attached Files:

9. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Mananged to get the back hub machined this week and the chinese wheel mounted with as fat as possable tire.

Attached Files:

10. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Next step the usual route.. cut off the exhaust bracket to make clearance room for the tire.

Attached Files:

11. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Finalizing the length and ride height... next step making the offset engine brackets. This so that the Wheel center line is the same as the frame center line.

Attached Files:

scubabiker likes this.
  12. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

A productive day.... engine brackets tacked and ready for welding

Attached Files:

13. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Float sensor added to the alu tank

Attached Files:

14. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member