Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

choose a scooter 50cc

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by longman555, 6 Nov 2012
longman555#1
Dear All,

I am new to the forum and new to scooters.

I'm doing a research on buying a 50cc second-hand scooter. Please advise on the models I have selected:
Yamaha Mbk
Aprilia SR
Malaguti F12
Honda ???
Suzuki ???

As you can see I am looking for 2-stroke engine scooter (I have been told that they are more powerfull). It would be great to get the above average power, something like 7-10hp.

Regards,

Longman
astro77#2
If you want something you can tune get something with a piaggio engine, ie piaggio or gilera :)
FiddyRox#3
I assume by ayamaha mbk you mean the yamaha aerox? Mine was great, pretty fast even before the 70cc cylinder. They go really well with just a decent exhaust and some supporting mods, as do most peds.

Piaggio zip would also be a good one to look at.
murerg#4
Piaggio Zip... If you are very tall I would go for a mina horizontal (ie AEROX, JOG R) as the zip is tiny! :D
TalkToShank#5
go for a gilera ice, theyre really reliable and has a 17.5m carb standard so will do about 45 standards....
astro77#6
go for a gilera ice, theyre really reliable and has a 17.5m carb standard so will do about 45 standards....
I've always fancied an ice as there different looking, in a good way:)
TalkToShank#7
yeah man, theres a guy selling one on here for £550 with various mods, have a look into it, and there's a few on ebay atm, there a nice one with a 70 kit fitted ;)

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

PIAGGIO NRG 2011 VARIATOR NUT TORQUE SETTING5 replies15 Nov 2012
Twin DOHC Yamaha Cygnus. Serious tuning from Taiwan!0 replies15 Nov 2012
Sym euro mx 125 rear light problem4 replies15 Nov 2012
peugeot vivacity, any good?8 replies14 Nov 2012
Typhoon 70cc help wanted urgent16 replies13 Nov 2012
LMFAO!! Read this..23 replies13 Nov 2012
aerox wheelies16 replies12 Nov 2012
Aircooled ZIP SP for £20013 replies10 Nov 2012
Speedfight 24 replies8 Nov 2012
no idea what engine my bike has?0 replies8 Nov 2012