Chain & Sprockets for NSR?

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by frainey, Sep 22, 2009.

1. frainey

frainey New Member

Alright all,
    Im after a good price on a chain & Sprocket set for the nsr 125 RR if anyone knows anywhere online that does them cheap as my honda dealer are trying to charge me £100 :glare:

Cheers

2. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

http://www.wemoto.com/index.dyn

I feel I should be on commission from this site lol.

Fast delivery though and cheap I always use them.

Theres a C+S kit on there for your bike for £40 but it wont last as long as a heavy duty o-ring.... The most expensive chain and sprockets on there does actually come to £100 so it depends what your dealing was offering really, including fitment?

Personally id just get the £50 heavy duty o-ring chain and then £30 on sprockets.....

Suppose thats double the price of the cheap set and not sure it would last twice as long but no one wants a chain snapping at high speed.

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, o ring chains are 55 ish quid for a nice one (dont be buying cheap shit, will soon wrap round your leg) sprockets even cheap pattern are 15 front and 30 rear.. so thats 100 quid right there

4. frainey

frainey New Member

cheers deffo need them asap, your gonna shout but ive had to resort to taking a link out the chain this week just to get to work. (Dickhead i know) Moneys tight at the moment so anything that wont fly off and amputate my foot is a bonus.

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not good is all i can say... its gonna completly destroy the remaning sprockets...

if you wanted to bodge it then flip the sprockets over.. only one side of the teeth will be worn and you will probably find the chain will sit tighter tentioned over the other direction fo the sprocket (sounds silly but they wear in hook shapes) dont throw anything at this untill you have both sprockets and a new decent chain. anyone offering you a cheap chain for this is an idiot and shouldent be selling parts. the bear minimum should be around 55 quid (i payd that 8 years ago for a bearly ok to use chain) never skimp out, it will last you fucking years if you do it right, or die in months if you dont.

best to not use split links in these chains (2 strokes love harsh sudden power afterall) but if you have to just make sure you install the link wiht the retainer on the outside of the chain wiht the gap at the back (with the link at the top of the sprockets)

6. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

I havnt got a problem with running split links myself (as long as its used properly) I used one on my GPZ because it meant I could clean it properly and regularly as I havnt got a rivet tool....

But then im the same twat that ran my GPZ with no chain guard and a fecked carrier bearing (might as well check that while the sprockets are off)

Whatever you do, keep it well lubed and tensioned.

Im no stranger to skimping, but chains/brakes is one place you really want to avoid doing it. And as said a decent set will last over 10,000 miles if looked after.

7. frainey

frainey New Member

Thanks for that link purplepill, went for the DID kit for £50, bike seems to pull better now for some reason?

Anyway it feels great riding without having to worry about changing down a gear.

(Old rear sprocket was completely fucked on removal)

:mrgreen:

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye the sprocket (even if its the same tooth) will be bigger and your chain sint stretching an inch (yes they REALLY do stretch an inch per 100 links if there worn) this is what makes them jump