Carb setting

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by pow, Apr 12, 2008.

1. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    So the little white circlip should be on the highest one?
    I'm not sure at the moment as I haven't looked at it for like...3 days or something now. Will look tomorrow ;)

2. SimonT

SimonT New Member

highest notch = "leanest"

3. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Ooooh right, So I should put it up a notch at a time and see what it runs like?? Geussing that would be the best way around it?

4. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Something like that....mine is on the top notch

5. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Well I was looking through the carb guide and this is pretty much what is going on with my Runner. It says that I need to drop the clip one notch, Yet I thought that I should put it near the top notch and work from there?

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    stop asking questions and TRY IT OUT FFS.. only way your gonna learn ANYTHING is if you experiment and payu attention.. i could hold your hand through you setting the carb up and get it perfect on here but theres 2 things stopping me
    1. i REALLY cant be fucked
    2. what would you have learnt other than to ask me every time you mess wiht your bike.

drop it right down.. the guide tells you how to perfectly setup your carb, its a case of make a change, start it up, take notes and repeat diagnosis.

im gonna stop typing now as im gonna say exactly what iver said a million times and have written the guide so i dont have to go on like i have senile dementia

7. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Well sorry for asking for your advice incase I set it up completly wrong and damage the barrell....

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    gewt as arsey as you like.. im HELPING yopu for free aint i... you dont want ANY of my advice then jog on m8... why the hell do people get arsey when EVERYTHING they need to know has been PLACED infront of them to read and still dont get it

if you dont understand read it again and again. if your still not getting it pay somone to do it and dont touch your bike.. not hard is it

so ye, befor you get all snydey and try make me look the asshole for not helping, i have. your too impatient to read what's been shown to you and just want it now now now

im probably getting the site a bad rep for all the moodyness ive been spitting out recently but do you blame me? we started here to help anyone irrispective of experience/bike owned but some people just want it all and dont wanna figure a thing out. i SERIOUSLY wanna ban the most recent 500 members an go back to our nice friendly respectfull patient groupe of like minded people.. not nice people who turn funny when they dfont get what they want.

9. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    Im in that recent 500 and i aint done shit to piss you or anyone off but if you feel better baning me then feel free mate seriously i am not taking the piss i can virtualy imagen how pissed of you must get by the recent ideots that have joined and have no patients to wait for a reply from the new topic they have made because they cannot use the FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON :rtfm:

I have found alot of my answers from there, honestly some one should make a how to use manual for the seach :wallbash:

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i admit the search is shit.. so do it manually... whats wrong with reading 2 or 3 pages of workshop/general tuning/scooter tuning befor posting? thats right, people dont want to put ANY effort in.. so i get pissed off with having to.

fact.. theres no advertizment on this site, no fees and we try an answer everythign we can. if we were making money from this id gladly repeat the same thing over and over in every thread. but the reason we dont is because were going out of our way to help people, so go out of your way and read a few things befor ripping your bike apart and posting somthing you could have found the answer for in less time than it takes for people to reply.

its a comunity spirited forum, its not much of a comunity if half of us are looking at every post and the others just ask a question when they need to.

also with the pm'ing people to ask stuff.. why not ask somthing thats not been asked, wait for a reply and letting other people learn from it?

how many times a week you recon i get a pm titled "couldent find a post on this so i thought id ask you straight away" pay me 2 quid a pm and il answer shit instantly.. otherwise dont bother.

11. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the search is only crap due to people not titeling there threeads properly.. its getting better now but be VERRY specific with the post title and it will match your keywords better, with the most recent thread titles contaning the most keywords.

so instead of "carb settings" put down "carb settings on an aaerox with phbh carb" or sommin (well dont actually... theres 50+ in the last 5 pages on aerox jetting so thats more than enough.)

sorry to rant on but daily i come on and have the same posts to edit and it just feels like im chasing my tail. the fact is i dont mind doing this an helping people, it winds me up whejn others just wont put in the 3 mins of effort it takes to flick through a few pages.

alot of people lurk on forums for months learning who's who and reading through old posts befor they post anything out of respect/fear of looking a newbie on here.. others on the other hand sighn up, go straight for the serction they wanna learn about and post. this is an annoyance.

fact is most of this isnt relevent to the post. but this post contains 5 pages of waffel thats been said over and over again (including this post im writing now, probably typed this out 50 timnes now)

13. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    Yeah people need to name topic clearer and better..... but in the end no matter how shit the search is YOU WILL FIND A ANSWER garanteed.

14. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I didn't say it all snydey or to piss you off Minor.. It was just due to being told from a few friends that if you run it too lean it will put a hole in your piston as it has happened to him before and I just wanted to be 100% sure of what I was doing with the carb before I made any adjustments.

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well yes.. if its running incorrectly it will blow up.. we should all know that. all the setup info is here aswell so less talk an more playing/experimentation.. i might be an asshole but im helping in the most blunt way :D

16. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Thanks for the advice Minor. I'll go and have a tinkle. If no joy then its back to the 12mm carb :msn1: haha :beer:

17. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

dont just chuck the 12mm back on. whats the point ?

you aint achieved shit then have you.

just keep reading playing and you will get their.

then when you do get their will know abit more about setting up a carb and next time will be easier :cool:

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you cant get it right go with a known rich setup (bigger than a wel setup bike of similar spec) and play with the rolelrs.. they throw you right off the scent when setting a carb up and evewn had me scratchin my head for hour upon hour setting some bikes up.