Can you convert from Fuel injection to carburettor?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Adam608, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Adam608

Adam608 New Member

Hi there. I have a peugot jetforce 2004 TSDI fuel injected. Im currently rebuilding it just trying to find a new immobiliser or bypass for it. I want to put a big bore 70 kit on it. I have a couple questions though hoping someone would be able to asnwer them. Thank you. 1. When you put a 70 kit on, people get bigger carbs to allow more fuel in so the extra 20's can be used for something. Will the fuel injector automatically recognise the increase and see it needs more fuel and adjust for the extra need or no ? 2. Can i swap out the TSDI for a carburettor after putting a normal 70 kit on ? 3. Im assuming id need to buy reeds as well after doing this ? 4. IMPORTANT do i need to buy a special fuel injection compatible big bore kit 70cc cylinder if i wanted to keep the fuel injector ? or how does that work. All abit confusing thank you very much though if you can answer them. My main question is though can i change from fuel injection to carb. Thanks again.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

If I recall it's the same system as the piaggio efi.
    It's a totally bullshit system though and is so expensive. Like the airbox is a sealed unit. And the standard cylinder is chrome and can't be honed or bored.
    I know people have done piaggio from efi to carb.
    And I've seen the Honda ruckus has a carb conversion kit. So guess it is possible.
    But if you want to tune it, I would advise getting a different bike.
    (I'm a motorcycle mechanic)

3. Adam608

Adam608 New Member

I do really like the bike and the look of it though. Just wondering though, i know the fuel injected uses fuel pumps and such. Wouldnt i be able to just dissconnect them and use normal tubes for the carb to suck fuel in on its own? would the bike cdi/immobilser not work properly etc ?