Can some1 diagnose a problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by John83gater, Mar 21, 2017.

1. John83gater

John83gater Member

Hi I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction .. I have a lexmoto street 125 about 2 weeks ago it started making a lot of noise from the rear of the bike, don't really hear it when I accelerate mainly if I'm rolling , or slow down to brake . This noise has got worse lately , nothing seems loose on the outside anyway . Any ideas ?

2. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

This is a bike yes?
    Loose or slack chain?
    With the bike on the stand with a finger raise and lower the bottom run of the chain about halfway along its length.
    It should be about 1/2" (15mm)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. John83gater

John83gater Member

Chain seems fine not long adjusted it . , however it does quickly become slack . brakes could probably do with changing , and just noticed the Cush drive is shot to bits , could it be any of those?

4. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Yeah the cheaper Chinese type chains don't last so a reasonable quality one would be better. They do require a small amount of oil now and then either proper chain oil but normal car oil is better than nothing (just a little oil though)
    Change brakes while you are at it as they are not expensive and remove the brake spindle and clean it up and refit with some grease.
    The cush drive sounds the likely culprit. Plenty on ebay.
    Don't run it too long without changing the cush drive as the metal on the sprocket carrier will be rubbing/knocking on the hub.
    It's the poor quality rubber they use.
    Wemoto list the parts http://www.wemoto.com/
    or http://www.lexmoto.co.uk/DFE125-8A_parts_CSDR004.php

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Replace cush drive rubber,
    replace chain to a better quality, ensure its fitted correctly to ( an incorrect fitted chain can come off and lock the rear )
    while chain is off check both front and rear sprockets for abnormal tooth wear ( sharpe teeth, thin teeth) and replace if shown to be worn/abnormal.

check rear brake ( disc brake check the pads - drum brake check shoes have enough meat on them )