can jets go in any way round...?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by mr___laa, Jun 3, 2009.

1. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Or you could have just searched and find the guide i wrote out on how to do them the easy way.

A waste of money "spring hook" isn't going to help you.

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if your putting them in this way wiht the hook you need to basicly clamp the clutch, hook the spring then push the HOOK downwards with your foot then guide it wiht your hand..

ive clamped these, run cables from the spring under my foot to my free hand and "stood" on the cable to pull the spring down, its the worst way of doing them tho, like i said its best to just strip the clutch and put the springs on the shoes then bit by bit push the 3 shoes back on the pins, problem is once you do this a few times the thin little shoe mount pins on the 50 clutches start to bend. this basicly kills a clutch. so ye its the easiest way but if your doing a few changes the pins will bend..

but ye, need the clutch in somthing that holds it and wont move (bench vice) so you got both hands to pull and guide the spring into place. id strip it and go gental fitting them, but again, its an easy way to fuck a clutch. up to you ;)

i show'd terro the easiest way wich works... but it works as your putting them on once and thats that. anything you take apart and rebuild a few times wil start to get a little worn. there is NO easy way of getting springs on short of a big fuck off clamp, a hook and some serious skill.

if it were a 125 clutch it would be alot easier as there less likely to bend. only reason im not is the last set of springs i fitted to my 50 (soft yellow malossi's after blues) failed. the circlip groves were worn to the point they wouldent hold the clips and bang, clutch shoes popped off the warped clutch. big old mess of my tranny. but ye. have fun :D

3. mr___laa

mr___laa New Member

lol it sounds like fun, tough fun...but ye...fun lol

i will have a go at pulling the springs over with the hook first, as i was trying with a screw driver but couldnt get get the spring in place because everytime i put a bit of force on it, it just slipped off and my finger ended up somewhere inside the clutch lol. so hopefully i can get enough force behind the spring with the hook. if all else fails, to a garage it is lol

i will keep you updated though :thumbsup:

4. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    you really do need a vice man.
    i managed to do it once on my 70 in my mates shop it was HARD!

5. mr___laa

mr___laa New Member

cheers for the info mate, i have got a vice n the hook tool turned up today. if i can get back at a decent time and the weather is right tommorow i will have a crack at it then but otherwise it will be thursday

oi...the exhaust is working like a dream too thanks rideorcollide :thumbsup:

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    length of string, that's all i use. piece of piss, springs changed in under a minute. :good:

7. mr___laa

mr___laa New Member

fitted the springs yesterday. First 2 went on without sayin jack shit to me, sat the clutch in a vice and used the Tbar hook took to drag them over. the last 1 had alot to say for himself but he gave in in the end lol.

next on the list is the 72 jet, when going to a bigger jet should i leave the idle screw as is it? i know last time i had a few problems.

im off work today so might pop it in

8. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    youre never gonna see much improvement with all these mods youre doing..

get a 70 kit already, then you wont have to hold it on full throttle everywhere you go lol