Building a fast and reliable 70cc setup (HELP)

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Pistachio, Jun 13, 2012.

1. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    No Cos they don't produce enough power

2. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG LC
    Oh then , all good thanks mate.;.

3. derekjohn

derekjohn anyone got a 125/172/182 engine for sale?

Rides:
    NRG power
    on these bike its only realy the pipe and a small washer in the variator that restricts this bike, and the washer is useless at its job the second you buy a pipe, ive gone for the doppler s7r kit which is pretty cheap on donotlink and its got alot of power, its alot like the stage 6 kits because their both made by athena and both use asso pistons, parts arnt sourcable though but im 80% sure the piston from the aluminium stage 6 bores work ... i think you'r standard carb is 17.5mm so on the iron stage 6 it should run well but if i were you ide buy the stage 6 variator over the polini high speed as its supposedly poor ... i like the polini 9 speed's though, and to have a belt is always a good idea (mines standard :confused:) and deffinutly buy rollers and jets, i had to wait because i bought my bore and pipe before i got either!! and now im waiting again on my variator tool because my bolt is major tight. (not done by me)

4. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG LC
    Ah ok , do you know why the Polini Hi speed is worst ? or just your opinion ..
    Haven't looked into the stage 6 variator but what's the differences ?
    but other then that , cheers .. also would you recommend derestricted cdi or not and if so can you do it yourself ?

5. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    This is an interesting thread because I have a 2004 nrg I'm looking to tune just don't know what parts/makes. You guys are very handy I'll be using this guide ;)

6. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG LC
    Nice one :)

7. derekjohn

Rides:
    NRG power
    i read that the old polini variators were poor, and to be honest im gunna get the malossi multivar because ive got the right rollers in my standard one and malossi uses the same roller sizes =] and you'r bikes a carb bike you dont need a new cdi, i dont think you have a cdi, just a stator that gives your spark and a voltage reg that sorts your lights ... so no cdi :)

8. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    All mopeds have Cdi's. rollers will more than likely will need to be different.

9. derekjohn

Rides:
    NRG power
    standard rollers are 19 x 15.5 and multivar rollers are 19x 15.5, and yeah all mopeds have cdi's he's right but you only realy need to change that when you have a pretty high end setup or if you'r fuel injected because its needed for the engine to run propperly with performance parts, so keep you'r cdi if your just building a reliable setup =]

10. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

do you need a crank then mate for this kit as thinking of getting it tooif they do it in ac still :p

11. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG LC
  12. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

LOOL your 16 ? how do you get this money haha

13. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG LC
    Mostly money from my mum for parts for 16th as my brother actually bought the ped for me :L
    Other then that .. just saving up myself ..
    Going on motor vehicle course level 3 in college ...
    Gives me something to work on and learn ...

14. shaneh92

shaneh92 New Member

What set up you got ?