brand new piaggio nrg tuning

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by frazer, Dec 24, 2007.

1. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

years ago i used to run around on a speedshite with a 70 kit and a malossi variator...that was it!!

std derezzed exhaust...nice and quiet and above all stock looking..

And it absolutely took the piss out of the chavs with their sports pipes ;)

it was well funny :D

2. frazer

frazer New Member

well ive got around 400 to spend on part ect

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    70 kit, bigger carb, pipe, variator and ya done...

got cash left for rollers/jets for setup

4. frazer

frazer New Member

so malossi sport 19mm carb and what variator n where should i get them from being the time of year it is

5. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

Wouldnt bother with the malossi carb myself, wastes loads of the budget when you can get a lovely second hand one for a lot cheaper and a good make

also dont forget to buy an unrestricted intake manifold which connects the carburettor to the reed valves, buy a nice short one - theres no point in my eyes in buying a bigger carb and leaving a stock manifold

get a 125 gilly carb, they are 20.5mm i think, which is plenty, use the majority of your cash on your big bore kit, (your 70cc kit), get a nice polini cast iron one, there are only 100 smackers

now youve got a carb and kit, get a reputable variation kit like the polini eco pack, (contains the speed control variator, belt, contra spring, rollers etc etc) much cheaper than buying the kit seperate

that should set you up to around £200, so youve got £200 still left in the kitty for your exhaust ( get a laser x pro theyre good matching pipes - £100) and buy a box of jets for the carb to fiddle around with when you set up the mixture. You will have a much quicker bike then for little money, it will wheely well and go pretty quick

and if looked after right you will never get a reliability worry with it

6. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

right. resticted maniold. they are apparently restricted but did fuck all for me and 20.5 carb is a right cunt to set up on a 70 unless you got time and knowledge wouldnt bother. and £100 for a polini cast iron where do you shop ?

7. Samuel

Samuel New Member

well two of my mates ave the same ped as you a 06 nrg one got a leo vincy pipe and other got malossi and his is faster

8. frazer

frazer New Member

where would i find all the bit you mentoioned i dont realy want to have orders from lots of difference places

9. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

10. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

Right.

1. think about it, why would you be using a big carb with a manifold thats choking it? its common sense, and it does affect the performance of the engine, been proved before many times

2. you can get one of those carbs for around £15 or so, ok they are are a little bit more hassle to fit, just more fiddly thats all,

and by the sounds of it this lad wont be fitting the 70 kit and stuff himself, so he mayswell get the person to fit the 70kit to fit the 20.5mm for him

personally kyle I would rather save myself over £55 by buying a carb that takes a little longer to fit, this is the price of a dellorto 19mm on scooter attack, excluding delivery:

3. I shop at scooter centre and scooter attack

and kyle for less than £100 you can buy a polini sport 70 kit (liquid cooled aswell - which are most expensive than air cooled ones for the newer post 2005 NRG's) and delivery off scooter attack m8:

are you telling me that the delivery for just the 70 kit will be over £14?

11. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

fair enough if you going to get it all fitted the 20.5 might be the better option. how do we know who is gona fit it so i would rather give the simpler option.

And the 70 kit thats why i said where you been looking? because they well under 100 quid.

12. frazer

frazer New Member

i will be trying to fit it myself i have saved about 10 sites that show you how to install stuff so iw ould like the set up to be as easy as possible to set up.

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    20.5 carb is piss easy.. just smaller jet smaller pilot and drop the roller weight...