Bought this today

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by px166bajaj, Feb 19, 2007.

1. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Malaguti Firefox. Only 1000 miles still restricted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    lovely scooter

love the F12 phantom in foggy colours (tweak's first scoot)

good minarelli 50 LC, change the electrics to yamaha though.

3. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Gotta derestrict it first. According to Twist an Go no 1 its down to a variator washer and a pipe restrictor

4. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah, same as my area51 (same motor).

love the firefox, if you need any plastics i have a supply of all the ones you need

5. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Thanks! I drove to Cheshunt today to pick it up, all in my lunch break. It's stuck in my workshop atm I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow!

6. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

how much it set you back? :cool:

my mates got an f12 phantom... few things that bug me really, dodgy electrics lol, oil light is on crack. clocks are at a stoopid angle so to see em properly you need to squat down n lean back (unless ya 3ft tall) headlights leave something to be desired lol

engine also siezed but i cant diss as its minarelli rofl :pimp:

sam :cool:

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    electrics can be replaced with yamaha ones
    oil light is the sensor
    clocks can be replced by digi ones (not an issue on the f15)
    headlights are the same on most 50 scoots

8. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

not bad... :D

9. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Last week I removed the restrictors in the airbox. One was a rubber pipe in the inlet and another was a moulding further down which I cut out and filled in.Pain in the arse today! Went to get the old pipe off and found the bolts rusted solid at the head. I ended up cutting the pipe off so I could get my impact onto the bolt heads. It's still not off yet. Grrr!

10. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    had the same problem, chances are you will get one off and the other will shear, then its barreloff and drill, tap helicoil/inset then back on
    turns a 10 min job into 3 hours.

EDIT, i did find that sidestand. for an F12 but i have been assured it will fit.

11. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

To be honest, if I end up shearing the bolts, I might just as well kit it. I cant see any point in putting the std barrel back in it, after I've gone to all the trouble (and it prob will be lol!) to get the barrel off.

12. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Ok so the bolts sheared, but as they are mounted in "ears" either side of the exhaust port, I was able to drill right through them and fit a nut and bolt behind. It's enough to get the new exhaust on. I still might kit it later, but at least I can get it going again.

[​IMG]
    The exhaust is a Technigas silent pro. Chose it because it looks standardish, and it's E marked. i found that the bracket which the old exhaust is welded to also holds on the hugger mudguard. I've ground the bracket off and will fit it in tandem with the new one. If I can find up some alloy, I'll probably make up a new bracket to replace this.
    [​IMG]

In the immortal words of this forum "It was a cunt to fit" :msn1: