bore kits

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by xjr400, Sep 4, 2011.

1. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    wat kits do people recoment
    thats as reliable as the standard
    but quicker
    and will not do the crank or blow the engine

for a zip

2. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Polini Sport. Malossi Sport. Nout else. You spelt Piaggio wrong.

3. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

Wouldnt touch polini as i have had bad experiences with it malossi sport would be the route id go...

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    And what exsperiance is that. Funnily how pretty much everyone in my area has ran Polini sports and had no problems.

5. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    ok
    its just i wanted to no
    as some people say the poline sport crap and some say good

wats the pm tuning one like it will cock my engine up wont it 10,000 rpm 13bhp

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Yes. Single ring and pm are crap. If you don't want to change your crank you're stuck to a sport. Malossi or polini sport. How many miles has your crank done ?

7. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    i got two engine the one in the bike 15000 km and the other 9,500km

8. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    5,900 miles (9500k) would be fine on a sport. But i'd still recomend a crank change. Always best.

9. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    ok what crank would u recommend for it

would it cock the crank up then if i didnt
    wat if i change main bearings would that help

10. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Depends on what kit you're geting. Pm tuning/stage 6 cranks are good even bgm cranks :)

11. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

Well lucky for them! I just stated I had a bad experience with these kits as I owned 2 of them, also know a couple of people that have had the same issues as me. This is a forum, people post there own opininions and experience on here, so don't expect them not to differ from your own.

12. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    No need to get lippy. If you look I also replied again. How can I bike keep blowing metal gaskets ?

13. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

The gaskets are not metal on aerox or l/c piaggios im not sure about the a/c ones but my mate with a typhoon had the same issues i believe his head gasket wasnt metal either.

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Mine is made of metal on my zip :confused: is youre's like cork paper or something ?

15. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

Haha... Well no it was silicone i believe them to be on l/c's a rubbery material anyway (same as stock). I have never owned a a/c kit so i cant comment on those... But the fact its made of metal makes no difference as what do you suppose head gaskets are made out of on cars? (metal) and they blow so it could easily happen.

16. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Indeed....

17. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

if your wanting a good reliable kit then stay away from alluminium kits like the x-tech pm tuning u spoke of and keep to the cast iron kits like malossi sport, polini sport and the cast iron stage 6 that they do, if you set it up correctly run it in correctly and have the right oil mix for it it should last a great deal of time. if you going 70cc your standard crank wont last as long and yes changing your main bearing to higher ones would make it more reliable but buying a higher performance crank would be better that way all the bearings would be a higher spec. in my ped ive got polini corsa on a pm tuning full circle crank.
    Is your zip air cooled or liquid cooled mate ?

18. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

And jonnymarrw00t your on about the base gasket which also does the squish, "aerox-kid" is on about the gaskets you get in the head of a l/c moped (and yh there made out of rubber silicone material. and the base gasket is usualy metal but sometimes you can get it made from gasket paper/card) which a/c zips dont have so you dont get that problem. and my mate had a aerox with a sport had got the same problem when the gasket giveway and it fuked his engine right up lol.

19. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Ahh right I see now. I've never took apart a lc top end so didnt' know that :p must be a enginering floor.

20. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    im thinking of getting the poline sport what pipe should i use
    i like the stage 6 rep

iv onley got around 200 4 both