BIKE IMPOUNDED.....

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by typh70, Jun 3, 2008.

1. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I wasn't trying to be a smart ass by the way.
    I was just saying that you help people out with thier bikes and when the get stopped your saying its your own fault etc. Sure your a decent bloke for putting time into other peoples problems. But think it would just be easier to let people get on with their rants about the police. As it sounds a bit stubborn, the whole "I told you so" approach, if you get what I mean?

2. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    its not just scooter owners who look at this forum, there will be other people looking, some theifs out to spy a decent bike/parts, maybe even a policeman or two looking out for ringers and their numberplates etc. along with these users, we have general public view, its a busy forum and we have a lot of members who use other forums, so, for instance, if someone from one of the forums i use, who isnt into scooters, decides to come and see what all the fuss is about, see's a BIKE IMPOUNDED topic, full of people slating the police, how does that make scooterists look?

i for one DONT want to be labelled a chavvy little criminal, because im not, police AREN'T all kids who were bullied/bullied people, its simply not true, police are people who are there to enforce rules, they dont make them up, they enforce them, yeh you get the odd cunt, the ones in this story dont sound too good, but what area is this in? i havnt bothered to look but if its in london or around there i dont blame them.

look at it from their point of view, every week we have people wrecking a bike, crashing into something or someone, wheelying around, riding 2up, generally breaking most of the laws theyre supposed to be enforcing, and making them look cunts because of it, london police get the worst of it, scooters hacking about, jumping red lights and generally fucking about, makes them look stupid and i can garuntee they get shit for it from their superiors, so yeh if i was in their position and i caught someone on a modded scooter, fitting the stereotype of the people that make my life harder, i would go to town on them and be a difficult cunt to say the least.

not directly condoning what they did, it was wrong, but id rather sit here and say what ive said, the "i told you so" approach if you like, then say "aww m8 dey r cuntz, dey stoppd me on ma zip one sevz coz i dint av l's n ad a small plate wiv a curly pm pipe" because its just typical. for all of you who work, you will know that if u dont do your job, you get shit, if you keep not doing your job, you get fired, stopping US from illegally modifying and riding our scooters is their job, i dont like them just as much as the next one on here, but show them some respect for even trying.

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you dont have insurance, your insured for a 30mph vehicle.. your tax is invalid and your deffo not licenced.. apply this to a car driver and tell me you wouldent arrest them? FACT, modding your scoot at 16 is illegal end of.. live with the risk and deal with the consequences.

4. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Those rules don't apply anywhere but here. In America a 50 doesn't need tax or insurance, and you can ride it even if you've been convicted of drink driving. Americans regularly stuff 150ccs up them, because the Police don't stop them or check them at all.

Politicians make rules. Policemen enjoy enforcing them. They justify it by telling us "it's for our own safety", but other countries get by without all these rules.

which makes our Police a bunch of bastards.

5. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Too right!!
    More rights for mopeds!! :punk:
    lmao

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    wait a year do a test... aint hard is it

7. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Yeah good point actually...

8. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

You got that right! Just when the new CAR taxes are reduced to £36 for the cleanest smallest cars, the small bike rate is doubled to £33.

I think all 50s should be tax free, due to their environmentaly freindlness.

All these laws are arbitary. why shuld the Police enforce them when they make no sense at all?

9. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    the american rules are exactly that, american, not british, the british rules apply in britian and so thats what the british police enforce, whether a 50 needs tax or insurance in american is irrelevant, they drive on the right hand side of the road, but our law states we have to drive on the left, there are hundreds of differences in our laws so that argument cant really be used.

policemen enjoy enforcing them for the reasons i outlined, its like, terro for example (sorry mate) he designs and builds websites for a living right, decent bloke, self taught, earning his money his way, if he got sub contracted by a company and stopped making so many websites, his sub contractors would think "hey, why am i employing this guy, he's not doing his job well enough, lets employ someone who will" and he would lose his sub contract. so if terro got a client who wasnt sure what they wanted, generally unsure of the whole internet side of things, then maybe he might just offer them some features they COULD do without, make it take a bit longer perhaps, so that he earns more and keeps his job, because he is doing his job properly.

now put that into the policemans perspective, theres a shit load of crime going on, everyone knows it, they cant catch anyone and nowadays pulling people over for a check is harder for them because we as motorists and especially scooterists, enjoy knowing and using our rights, so they say one wrong thing and thats it, they get a bollocking from their superiors, and thats just scooterists. so say theyve pulled a couple of guys, again for example say it was 2 totally legitimate riders off here (if they exist) and the policeman is already getting a hard time for the crime rate in his area, so he wants to impress his superiors by catching an uninsured driver or something, so he gets a bit shirty, ends up getting another bollocking because theyre legit riders, now he's pissed, he's close to losing his job and then finally, he sees a scooter screaming along a 30 road at 45-50, he pulls them, and he takes them to town.

im sorry, its human nature to want things, he wants things he needs a job, he needs a job he needs to do it, and if he wants to do it, he enforces the rules he's told to enforce.

if thats so bad, move to america.

10. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

The point I was trying to make was that the rules themselves are totally arbitrary and can be changed at any time by Government, like the 10p tax rate.

The Police use whatever rules they are given to target the weak in society, because they (the Police) work for the rich. Whoever heard of the Police shutting down an outdoor opera concert, because the locals from the Estate next door complained about the noise?

If there weren't any Police, there wouldn't be any rich either.

But hey, a scooter forum isn't really the place to discuss this heavy philosophical subject.

So I'll shut up about it.

11. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

i personally dont think that all police are pricks, i know of an officer and cso who did a lot of local work, went quad biking on one of the days out, they were sound...

some are out of order though, i know of a few people who have been cuffed and smashed up for very petty things when they were drunk, including one who was blinded in one eye, they dragged him to a car park (4 of them) and kicked and hit him with coshs until he was unconscious and played dumb and said they found him there

ive witnessed one start hitting a mate when we were at a park getting pissed because i sent something to the officers phone via bluetooth and me mate called him by his bluetooth name 'dub warrior'

imo the government needs to have an independant body who has power to control the police force and at the same time manage their duties, making thefts and serious crimes a priority and raising revenue via speed cameras low priority, the police spend far too much time on the roads trying to get people for petty offenses

and as for the whole getting caught thing, get an ajustable rev limiter, even if the officer finds the switch they couldnt do shit as it was restrictec before they played with it :D

12. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I and about 30 other people saw a mate get his face ripped to pieces by about 4 cops. Tried jumping over a fence, they grabbed him off got him by the back of his head and pushed it to the floor in a massive "puddle" of glass. Completly ripped his face to pieces. Not sure what happened about it, was years back now. But all of that trouble for a couple of beers he had on him. Yeah, kids are a nuicance on the streets when they are drinking, I'm pretty sure we have all been there. But they just need to calm down a bit and get off their high horse. If they wasn't all so up tight and arsey I wouldn't have a problem with them. It's just when they think they are gods fucking gift because they have a badge on there top and think that they can do WHAT EVER (within reason) they like and get away with it.

13. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    which leads back to what im saying, when they see an underage drinker running away on the streets, they actually see 2 options, 1) them getting back and their boss grilling them for achieving shit all while thousands of complaints were made about youths in his area, 2) his boss royally noshing him off because he managed to catch one of the kids who has been causing the police greif.

i know which one i would pick, yeh sometimes it gets too far, but these stories arent every day happenings

14. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah but if you look at the statistics, they are right to come down hard on modded scooters because EVERY 16 year old i know has had an off on his scooter/moped, yes even me (and everyone knows i'm as close to perfect as is possible :p ).
    the fact is that young riders don't know their limits so the government try to limit them. in reality they should be educating young drivers and riders rather than restricting them. Where in the syllabus for CBT does bike control come into it? same with Driving and bike tests, they dont teach you what to do when the car slides or the bike oversteers, so what happens, you panic, grab a fistful of brakes and slide into the nearest solid object, usually another vehicle.
    Speed dosn't kill, lack of education kills. The police enforce the government's directives, ask a copper when he's off duty and i'm sure he would see your point of view, the fact is, they are paid to work for the government.

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    fact.. your avarage 16 year old weqars a permenant rossi prevado and tailgates like MAD.. i agree there should be a restriction but lifted after a test even at 16.. moped should not have a speed limit tho for classification, it should be 50 max and restricted on l plates. problem solved, everyone gets educated

16. foster

foster New Member

i agree with swift :p

17. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    personally i think the CBT should be done away with completely, there should be a full 50cc motorcycle test at 16, more in depth, which then counts towards your bike test at 17 where they just teach you bike control of a bigger machine.

18. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Yeah in all fairness I can see why you/they are coming from.
    But if they don't particualy like doing what they do and only being cunts because their superiors tell them, They can always leave. It's not like there forced to work in the police. Not trying to say that they should all quit etc etc. But its their choice to be cunts. No one else's.

19. Haresign

Haresign New Member

Rides:
    GPR50 + Peugeot 307
    if the police ever stop me and want to ride my bike I will just say I'm running the bike in so cannot full throttle it. then they won't know how fast it goes :bird:

20. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Running in a bore kit??
    Insurance
    Licence
    Tax