bEN's Runner Rebuild

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by bEN, Nov 21, 2006.

1. skatergod

skatergod New Member

i agree i would give them a bollocking!!

sue the fuckers i say!!!!

id be pissed of!!!

2. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    I'm thinking of getting a geard bike too, maybe a no frills cg125 or something just for getting to work etc etc

i can't rely on this bike or anything thats been done to it.

which pisses me off, because when it is working it's great fun and i want to keep it and don't mind riding whatever the weather, time etc.

I think i'll probably just get rid, and save my money and get all my car shit done then have a decent bike for the summer after i've done my full bike test.

At the moment im only using the bike if i have to, otherwise it just stays in the shed.

3. gazell

gazell Active Member

i reckon its the curse of the twat that u brought it from..i say we go down to london and smack the taste out of his mouth for giving you this bad luck

Ben just fuck the runner of and get a typh mate

4. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Don't worry mate, you'll get over it. My 2006 was sh*t, but time heals all.

Good decicion! ;)

5. Concept

Concept New Member

FUCK ME

Ive read a couple of your posts in this thread and wow Im shocked at the luck youre having, its unbeliveable, I thought my luck was bad! :msn1:

6. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    You have no idea mate.

Although having my exhaust welded has voided the warrenty, im still going to be taking a drive to the dealer and basically ( in the nicest way possible ) demand a replacement, 4 fucking snaps isn't normal.

7. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    u know u want an SR ;)

8. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Crappy picture..

[​IMG]

I think my best option will be to ring the scorpion people up again, who were really friendly and offered to help me the first time.

9. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    ah thats so unlucky mate

are you sure its not anything like mounts or something loose shaking it to bits or something

10. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    The mounts arn't even 6 months old yet.

All i can think of is the different rubbers i fitted onto the bracket as the standard ones fell apart.

11. Sleaze Phonikz

Sleaze Phonikz New Member

Oh My God!

Cant believe how much trouble you've gone through just to get this bike running and its still breaking....

That bikes cursed, get rid and opt for a low maintainance a/c bike (Cough Cough Typh)

:p

12. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    The bike is now SORN so i don't have to worry about it while i get it running properly again.

Yesterday i went along the road where the exhaust snapped, and a piece actually fell off it but i couldn't find it, so not being one to give up easily im going to try some of this stuff, i used it on my 100cc karts a few years ago and it worked perfectly.

[​IMG]

Might be hard to understand exactly whats going to happen with that picture but you'll see.

oh, and on the way home the standard exhaust has cracked :punk:

too much movement in the engine me thinks, exept the mounts not even being 6 months old and were properly done.

13. skatergod

skatergod New Member

gaz that was just u... lol you had the shittiest tyre on ever!! my runners back end never spun out :cool:

14. hmsp125

hmsp125 New Member

you say that the pipe was shaking well i have the exact same problem but i bought my scorps brand new from psn and it shakes because the stub is well short compared to some of the other stubs ona scorps exhaust have u seen any one elses scorpion and seen any dfferences in the stub size???? :D

15. hmsp125

hmsp125 New Member

sorry about that post didnt see the pic of the stub but thats the one ive got and thatl be your problem to the shaking of the pipe